Sela Vibol Gueshouse

Check Kampot Hotel Deals

Sela Vibol Gueshouse Kampot Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Clean and big room Apr 03, 2014
This is the best guesthouse I find in Kampot city, clean, spacious room, modern amenities with working condition and new flat screen television with many English channels (even an HBO channel), cold air condition and proper bed with a duvet cover. There were two free mineral water bottle in the room. I have room no 102, second room behind the reception area. The room has twin bed, dresser, but no cupboard, and windows facing outside toward the neigh board so can’t open the windows. The room is quite at night time but in the morning and afternoon is noisy with a lot of bird singing outside (I am not complaining about this), – and I am not sure where the birds come from. Unfortunately no hot water in my room, I checked the room upstairs and all the room upstairs has hot water but internet connection available in the lobby only. Since my room is on the ground floor and next to the lobby, I can access the internet and I do not mind the cold water, since the weather is really hot in Cambodia, so cold water is quite refreshing. Soap, toothbrush and toothpaste is provide but not shampoo.

Wifi is free but most of the time I could not connect and when connected, it is quite slow and take some time. I hardly use the internet here since I get frustrated waiting for the connection. There is one computer next to the reception area, free for guest to use.

Unfortunately the staff here speaks very little English, so difficult to communicate, mostly I use sign language when I need something. Even though the staff could not speak much English, they try to offer the tour and bus ticket. I did purchased a bus ticket from them and it was ok, reasonable price and the staff tell me the bus will pick me up from the guesthouse.

The guesthouse has 13 rooms only and it full up quickly since the place is really nice and very cheap. It cost usd 7 for single fan room and usd 13 for single air condition room.

I have the air condition room since I could not stand the heat here. There were power shortage in the early morning at 5am. For some reason, I just woke up when the power off and could not sleep again. And there were another power shortage at 9am. When I told the staff with the sign language, the staff follow me to the room and I switch on and off the power switch and she understood it, and strangely within 10 minutes later, the power was back on. Not sure if it was the power shortage from the government or just cut off from the guesthouse.

Anyway, this guesthouse is nice and I can recommend it if you are on budget and want clean place to stay. It is located one block from the river and right at the center of the city with plenty of the action nearby and many restaurants to satisfy your taste buds.
bedroom
dresser and flat screen television
bedroom