Sel et Poivre

(02) 9361 6530

Sel et Poivre Sydney Reviews

petit_gooroo petit_go…
Back home for a dinner! Nov 01, 2009
I have been in Sydney for 2 months, and I have to admit that - as usual when I am abroad - I quite miss French food.

A couple of friends advice us a restaurant in Darlinghurst while we were sunbathing... They talked about charcuterie and nice bread, it made us hungry straight away so we decided to go there for dinner! They could not resist to join us. We booked a table over the phone, in French as the waitress could speak French (she is actually from Colombia!).

The service was very good, they really made our meal fantastic. The food was just perfect. I took an "assiette de charcuterie" (even if it was a small one and an entry, there was way enough for 2 people ^^), and a pepper sirloin steak, cooked rare. The cook is French, and it was perfectly cooked as I love it. But for those who fancy meat too cooked (or well done as they say but I do not agree ^^), it was still a bit too "red" for them the first time so they took it back to the kitchen and came back perfect!

I could not eat a dessert as I had an entire plate of charcuterie as a starter, but my friend did and loved it. We also had an ice-cream for free because a dessert we ordered was not available anymore. Nice!

The atmosphere was a lot French as well, with French music, French flags and French people around!

It was around 50-55$ per head.

Check Sydney Hotel Deals