Segundo Muelle

Malecón Cisneros, Lima, Peru

Segundo Muelle Lima Reviews

carlosleal carlosle…
Excellent Place, very little food on the dishes. Jun 19, 2011
Excellent seafood restaurant, great menu. The prices are a little over average for Lima but the quality is great. My personal recommendations are the "Parrillada Marina" and the Tuna Teriyaki.

Cons: They quantity of food in the dishes (too little)
tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Best food in San Isidro district Apr 12, 2010
Our experience in this restaurant has been superb! I had never expected to eat so well and inexpensive in Lima! I read in Lonely Planet that food in Peru was quite elaborated and that there were many fusion restaurants. Actually you find tons of different styles all mixed up. For some reason there is a high Japanese influence in everything we had.

For starters they welcome you with chicha morada made with purple corn, lemon, cinnamon and sugar. It was so good and refreshing! I hope I find it once I go back to Spain. The place was quite busy so it took us 15 minutes to be seated. Once we were ready to order, they served us some kind of wild banana named “Chifle”. I had never tried it before, and we just loved it! We also had the following dishes:

Sole with yellow “aji”, Camote (sweat potatoes). Causa filled with chicken, Maki Acebichado, grilled octopus and for drinks we had Chicha Shower and the authentic Pisco Shower!!! We also tried Inca Cola, refreshment that is even more popular that Cola-Cola in Peru! For desserts we had “suspire lime” and “crema volteada”, both incredibly good but I guess with tons of calories! ☺

Presentation of all dishes was just perfect, and most of what ate we could have it with Japanese sticks. I guess that aceviche and Japanese food have many things in common as both bases its cuisine on raw fish.

Piero Elias was the owner of the restaurant and he came to our table to say hi and also to introduce us to the chef! Besides having the best meal, the service was just perfect.

If you are going to spend some time in Peru, you should not miss this restaurant. We paid around 12 euros per person.
yadilitta says:
Segundo Muelle, uno de mis favoritos. No hay pierde con ellos :)
Posted on: May 04, 2010
SabrinaL22 SabrinaL…
great Seafood! Nov 10, 2010
I visited Segundo Muelle for lunch with the family and it was good experience. The decor is quite modern and chic. I ordered the causa dish that brings three different kinds of causas. One of them made with sweet potato which I had never had before. Great choice! Everyone at the table seemed to really enjoy their dishes. The only minus would be the service, it seemed the waiters were too overwhelmed with the amount of people and took long to take care of some of our requests.
yadilitta yadilitta
Best fish & seafood in Lima Nov 05, 2007
For me is the greatest seafood and fish in Lima!!! well, this is hard to say because there are so many good places, but I have never been disappointed here, so...

Segundo Muelle has different locations in Lima, with nice environment, really good service and of course the food is yummy!!!!

As appetizer, we decided to drink something instead of eating. So we had a Pisco Sour and an Algarrobina (another pisco cocktail, it's sweet like a Bailey's).

Recently they added to their menu some shots. They are "Leche de Tigre" shots. Leche de Tigre or Tiger milk is the juice of our famous cebiche. Really good to try them!

We ordered the famous Cebiche Mixto (with seafood and fish) with a red pepper sauce - not very spicy. Cebiche is slices of fish cooked just with the lime juice, served with onion and sweet potato as side. And got a Tiradito with huancaina sauce (this is a yellow sauce), which is similar to the cebiche but without the onions and a dressing. It was a sunny day, perfect for the view and the fresh food.

Here you can have grilled seafood, grilled baby octopus - really great! and you can have the Piqueo entre Causas as appetizer. This dish is made with mashed potatoes - the regular ones and the sweet potato.

I recommend this place!
Cebiche Segundo Muelle
Piqueo entre Causas (Appetizer amo…
Tiradito a la crema de aji amarillo
yadilitta says:
The food, atmosphere, service, everything is great here!!! I just love this place!!!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008
blurbmoi says:
The food looks fabulous!!!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008
nellysweet says:
YEah Segundo Muelle and Punto Azul is the best of Lima :)
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008
hdao74 hdao74
Nov 22, 2007
So the restaurant has a view of the ocean as it's across the street from the "love park" (I think?), and the park is sort of on top of a cliff looking down into the ocean. There are plenty of windows so you won't miss anything. In the park, there are these paragliders out there in the park that are available for tandem flights for a price. It's that windy where you can just take off from the ground...maybe off the cliff. And they fly around the area over water and such.

Anyhoo...let's get back to the restaurant. The cebiche dishes I had was delicious. They have different variety of cebiche from their menu so I picked one based on a local friend's suggestion. Let's just say that it was my first experience with cebiche, and now I'm hooked. What's a guy to do in Austin where there are no good cebiche restaurants around?! I wanted to find the recipe for their sauces but the ones I see online are very basic...not like what I saw. =(

They don't just have cebiche. There's plenty of other seafood items to choose from, and the presentation is great.
yadilitta says:
I'm glad you liked it!!!!!! and you didn't loose your sunglasses. :)
Posted on: Nov 22, 2007