Segovia Cathedral

Segovia, Spain

Segovia Cathedral Reviews

Vikram Vikram
The pride of Segovia, lovely cathedral and worth a quick visit Oct 25, 2012
What magnificent buildings we build!

This Cathedral is the epitome of the grandeur that defines Segovia, which to begin with itself couldn't be more picture perfect. Again, nothing that we haven't seen before already, but this Roman Catholic church is located in the main square of the city, the Plaza Mayor, and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.

I normally don't spend a lot of time in Cathedrals but Spanish ones seem an exception, they're so damn colourful! I love how ornate and decorative the ceilings are. There was a mass by a professional choir (local residents) which was lovely to listen to.

There is more information given here:
Vipin Vipin
Spire-tastic Nov 10, 2011
Located on Plaza Mayor, this cathedral was built from the sixteenth century onwards in a late Gothic style. It really dominates the local skyline and the exterior is full of fine carvings and stained glass windows that you can marvel at for free. Though the tower is quite the feature too, the spire that tops it is not the original one. The current one was built a century later after the original wooden one was fire-damaged during a thunderstorm.

As I didn't visit the interior, I have said that this location is free. However, there is an entrance fee of several Euros if you wish to look inside. I’m really not a fan of having to pay for cathedrals, but might have footed the fee if I had more time in Segovia.

Well worth a quick look at if you are in Segovia, entrance fee or otherwise!

Related Travel Blogs About Segovia Cathedral

Friday 13th of February 2009 We decided to take a day trip to the town of Segovia, so we walked to the interchange at Princi Pio via Plaza de Espana to catch the coach to Segovia. Segovia is to the n…Segovia, the 16th-century Cathedral, which is a prominent landmark as one approaches from any direction. It is located…
Madrid- Segovia Part 2
I returned to Madrid that evening and spent the rest of the week visiting other parts of the city and revisiting some of the same parts. I pretty much went to Plaza del Sol nearly everyday. On Tuesd…cathedral cave in the mountain side where his body can be found. We arrived in Segovia and it was amazing…

Check Segovia Hotel Deals