Sefton Express

Sefton Express Rates and Deals

Sefton Express Ballasalla Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great location if you are flying in and out from Isle of Man Jun 13, 2011
I only knew that the Sefton Express Hotel was situated just across the Ronaldsway Airport, which also was the main reason for me to book it. I had landed more than 3 hours later than expected and luckily my booking at the car rental in the airport had gone well too. I remember when the woman in the car rental asked me where was staying and I answered at the Sefton on the other side; she said, oh that make sense. I thought about that but I newer found the meaning of it.

I arrived 2 minutes later in my rental car and parked just outside the hotel; I could see that there once had been a private parking but now the gate was open. The hotel was not looking exciting from the outside; it was a building built in concrete and I guess it was 15 years old with light nougat background and green window frames and darken windows. It did not look bad but just looked like another industrial building in an industrial neighbourhood.

I entered the doors to the reception, which was not the easiest in the world; the doors were heavy and I had too much luggage but I had also expected that they would open up automatically but not so. Behind the reception an elderly gentleman greeted me and he immediately knew who I was. He turned out to be really friendly and I was in great mood so we had a long chat about the hotel, TT Race, my camera and so on. He gave me a key to the room that was on 1st floor.

I found my room, which was the first to the right after having passed the fire doors. I opened the door and found a small room but it had what I needed. There was a shelf to hold my luggage and the main part of the room was occupied with a really nice bed; I later found out. The room was pretty cold because I guess they closed the heating when the rooms were not used. There was a small flat screen on the wall and a small desk as well. The bathroom was tiny too but it had what I needed.

I quickly turned on the heating to make sure that there was a comfortable temperature when I would return because I had no time to waste in order to see as much as possible of the island before the weather would change. The receptionist had said that the weather would be good for the entire day and it would be a good time to explore the island; and he said that the light was especially wonderful that day, something that I agreed with him about.

When I came back to the hotel that evening around 10 pm, it was still the same guy sitting in the reception. I told him goodnight and I went to my room. I found out that most of the guest went home at the same time because the fire doors just next to my room entrance made hell of a noise during the first hour or so. Otherwise this hotel was really quite, I spent most of the time before I fell asleep with surfing on the Internet about Isle of Man in order to prepare my knowledge about the island before my only full day on Isle of Man. The Internet access was for free and had really good speed. The receptionist told me afterwards that they had installed 28 routers so they should be covered.

The breakfast next morning was quite basic; not much to chip with the hat of. There were the usual yogurts, toasts, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, coffee and milk. There had been some croissants but they were out. The neighbouring table asked if there were not more and the receptionist said that he could make some but it would take close to 25 minutes so they declined. It was still the same receptionist; I was quite baffled by this. He had to have been there 18 hours in a row by then. The second morning I managed to taste one of the croissants and they were fair but not something I would stop traffic for.

The following morning I needed some help in printing out some tickets for my upcoming flights and at that point it was the hotel manager doing the reception. He went almost out of his world to help me and I must say that they people working at the hotel were all really friendly and helpful in a honest and genuine way.

The hotel had no bar and restaurant, which was kind of a drawback especially because the hotel was, situated so far from everything else; there were not much to do that surf on the Internet, watch TV or sleep.
The hotel
The room
The small desk
The airport seen from my window
Vipin says:
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011

Sefton Express Overview

With its central location, Sefton Express Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Ballasalla. All hotel's guestrooms have all the conveniences expected in a hotel in its class to suit guests' utmost comforts. Each guestroom has non smoking rooms, ironing board, in room safe, television, shower. This Ballasalla accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. The hotel offers golf course (on site) to provide extra pleasure and relaxation for all guests. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. To book a room at the Sefton Express Hotel, please select your dates of travel and complete fill out our secure online booking form.

Sefton Express Amenities

• TV
  • Shops
  • Golf Course (on site)
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower