Seeing the sights

Seeing the sights Reviews

jagdspot jagdspot
Jan 29, 2008
I was fortunate to spend almost two years of my life visiting this country. I spent some time in Baghdad, and was privelaged to have seen the ruins of Babylon. In the north he Tigris and Euphrates river valleys are beutiful. The tall sandstone cliffs fall to a blanket of Palm Groves, then there are the crystal clear waters of the rivers. The small towns in the Al Anbar province are amazing, a blend of old world living, mixed with a small taste of modernization. The people are very generous, and it is no wonder where the arabs got their reputation for excellent hospitality. On many occasions I was given some fresh baked flat bread, which was simply delicous, especially the goat cheese bread. The hand made rugs they have there are amazing. Some strech back generations, and on a sunny day the people hang them over the walls of their homes, and the towns become beacons of beutiful artistic weaving. Some rugs easily measured 20'x30'. Hopefully the Iraqi people continue to strive to make their country a land of hope, freedom, and democracy so that in the future they can once again host the citizens of the world, and tourist can once again go and marvel at the cradle of civilization. Photos will come soon, as soon as I can get my portable hard drive to work properly.
IraqSpirit says:
thx for sharing this nice review with us.
Posted on: Jul 24, 2009