Seeing Hands Massage

016 856 188

Seeing Hands Massage Phnom Penh Reviews

daniellercorby danielle…
Budget massage - but one of the best I've ever had Mar 25, 2011
As the previous reviewer stated, this is budget massage parlour with massages given by blind people. My friend and I tried it after a recommendation in lonely planet, or one of the others.

It is a dry massage, meaning no oils. You wear what can only be described as 'Hospital clothes' so there is no skin on skin contact. You are massaged in a room with several others on raised beds. There are queues for this place because it is so good.

While it is based on Thai and acupuncture pressure points, it is not the actual massage that is enjoyable but the benefits afterwards. It can at times be firm but was never unpleasant, and I am a tiny little size 6 person and I didn't find it too firm so it cant be that bad. Unlike a swedish massage (oils, very relaxing, no bending of limbs or stretching of muscles) it is more about the relaxing properties afterwards than during. I never felt so relaxed or desperate for sleep than after this massage. These guys know what they are doing and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

It is located near the river front toward the backpacker end of town. If you grab a tuc tuc and ask for seeing hands, they will know where to take you.
sarahelaine sarahela…
Seeing Hands Massage Sep 07, 2009
Seeing Hands Massage is a massage place in the Lakeside area of Phnom Penh. Massages cost about $5. It specialises in training blind people to do massages, allowing them to make a decent living. The massage parlour is located just between the mosque and the backpacker hostels.

The massage is very good value, although really quite firm. My boyfriend thought it was a little too firm, in fact, but I don’t think I have ever felt so relaxed in my life. The parlour is less fancy than some of the ones we went to, which were a lot more like going to a beauticians and had soft music and lighting, but I don’t think that matters.

I would go back happily if I found myself in the area again.

Related Travel Blogs About Seeing Hands Massage

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…Phnom Penh was better. After the boxing we wandered through Pat pong the sort of Soho area of Bangkok . We were offered ‘ping pong’ shows, full body massage and other…

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals