Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park

Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park - Giraffe
Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park - Elephants drinking water
Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park - A dazzle of zebra
Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park - Scenery with an elephant
Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park - Hippos!
Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park - Hippos!

Sedudu Gate Chobe National Park Kasane Reviews

Petere12 Petere12
Insane Safari! Jul 20, 2011
I am not exactly sure what the exact price was for my adventure because I went with a group. However, this is a place you must visit if you are in the area. I went on 7 safaris total when I was traveling around Southern Africa and Chobe Park was the best. I went on a boat game prive, a sunset game drive, we then camped out in the park, and then took a day drive the next morning.

I was told Chobe Park is basically Kruger on steroids and once I arrived there I couldn't agree more! We saw so many elephants, giraffes, hippos, crocs, monkeys, lions, buffalo, etc.

When we spent the night we stayed in tents. I was there in the winter and it was very cold. So if you are going on game drives in the months of May-July (when I was there) it gets extremely cold. Bring sweatshirts, jackets, and sleeping bags!

The meals provided are very good and keep you full. The dinners and breakfasts were homecooked and very good. We stopped at an area in the park for lunch and it was prepared for us as well.

The safari trucks they use are awesome. For the most part I could see in any place I was sitting in the truck. But again, if you go in the winter it gets very cold!

Elephants drinking water
Giraffe Crossing
jeffy jeffy
Sep 30, 2002
The cost is probably more than "average" but to be honest I am not quite sure since our safari was included with my study abroad trip. However, cost should not even be an issue if you decide to visit Chobe National Park. Even though I had the chance to spend time in a few different parks in southern Africa, Chobe was easily my favorite.

The Chobe River (a continuation of the Kwando River in Angola), forms part of the northern boundary between Botswana and Namibia, eventually joining the mighty Zambezi. The ecosystem that the river supports divides the Kalahari desert to the south from the denser vegetations to the north. As a result of this unique location, the park supports one of the higest concentrations of wildlife on the African continent. The best part is that because of the river, you can view the animals by land or by boat. Elephant, hippo, wildebeest, crocodile, buffalo, waterbuck, impala, kudu, chacma baboon, vervet monkey, and even lion were all easily visible on a single game drive, all within incredible proximity to one another. In fact, we were able to see hundreds (~400) of elephants and were fortunate enough to even spot some jackals and spotted hyena.

When I met other travelers who were bragging about the family of elephants that they were able to spot on Day 3 of their trip to the Masai Mara/Serengeti, I almost wanted to laugh.

Check Kasane Hotel Deals