Sedona

Sedona Reviews

loripori loripori
BEAUTIFUL SEDONA Jan 29, 2017
Saturday, September 26, 2009

The picturesque town of SEDONA lies at the mouth of beautiful Oak Creek Canyon, a breathtaking chasm. Sedona is surrounded by red-rock monoliths named Coffeepot, Cathedral, Bell and even Snoopy, because their massive shapes resemble these distinctive objects. Rising high above Sedona and its hallmark canyon is the Mogollon Rim, a 2,000-foot escarpment formed from ancient deposits of limestone, mudstone and sandstone. The rim serves as the southwestern boundary of the vast Colorado Plateau and is home to the largest contiguous stand of ponderosa pine trees in the world. The 1.8 million acre Cociano National Forest essentially engulfs this city.

Sedona visitors can spend their time here Hiking, horse-back riding, bouncing in a Jeep on the trails and dirt roads that crisscross the area or enjoy its many shops, art galleries and fine restaurants.

Hans and I were here many years ago, but I do remember some things esp in Old Town Sedona. I was simply amazed though by how much it has grown, with so many new hotels, condos and shopping areas. I was almost a little sad though that it has grown so much. Though still beautiful and amazing, I don't think it's as charming as it used to be. It's so much more commercialized and that's sad.
Bell Rock
Jumping Norman and his lovely wife…
Main Street Sedona
Toonsarah says:
We were in Sedona in the early 1990s and even then i struck me as commercialised. But the surroundings are magnificent and we liked the modern church set in the rocks.

Lovely photo of you with our Jumping VTers :-)
Posted on: Jan 29, 2017
kami_lynn kami_lynn
Sedona, AZ Nov 07, 2008
If you think the desert is bare and ugly, you haven't been to the right parts. Sedona is breathtaking in it's own unique way. The red rocks aren't just called red because they are kind of red. They really are red and huge and you never stop wondering how they all got there. There are some really nice parks with hiking trails and some fishing too along creeks. If you really want to see the sites, you should probably look into the Red Rock Jeep Tours or even hot air ballooning.

I never did the hot air ballooning because it was a bit out of my price range, but the red rock jeep tours were pretty sweet. You get to do some pretty steep rock climbing and get up close and personal with these magnificent red rock cliffs. Plus they give you all the history on the area, which was interesting to me, but I'm kind of a nerd like that. I will say that the outfits the driver wore were a bit cheesy. I mean he had a freakin bandana tied around his neck. However, he did know his facts and kept it interesting and fascinating the whole time.

Most of all, I recommend going here with amazing friends like I did to make it the perfect weekend. Krysta, an AZ local, and I have drove there a couple times while I lived in Phoenix for a while. Krysta and her hubby Nathan are still there for a while so if you want the hook up on where to go and 2 awesome people to go with - hit her up on my profile. :) She is the bestest friend I ever had and was the one who made me a Sedona admirer the first time.

Oh, and if you do the jeep tour, I suggest doing the scenic rim tour in the morning when the sun is behind you hitting the rocks for the perfect pic. I went in the evening thinking the sunset would be a pretty setting for my date and I, but it was shining directly at me - so no good scenic rim pics :( We still had an amazing time though. ;)
I told you we still had a great ti…
It's still in one piece ... we can…

Related Travel Blogs About Sedona

Red rock canyon on steriods
YAY WE ARE IN SEDONA!!!!! We drove into the visitor information center. It was already 3pm. we only had 2 hrs to see the beautiful landscape. We look some photos of the panoramic view from the v…SEDONA   Sedona is a city and community that straddles the county line between Coconino and Yavapai counties…
Summary of Sedona
Sedona is a lovely place. The really-blows-your-mind kind of nice. There are 2 major roads in Sedona, the 89 which goes West and a bit north, and the 179 which runs north-south but ends where it meet…Sedona is a lovely place. The really-blows-your-mind kind of nice. There are 2 major roads in Sedona

Check Sedona Hotel Deals