Security

Bogota, Colombia

Security Bogota Reviews

Shavaba Shavaba
Riding the bus in Bogota Aug 20, 2009
Hello everyone.. Even though i had the best time of my live in Colombia something bad happend to me and i want you all to know that it certainly is possible to happen to you as well.. I went with the bus the first night and we became in an armed robbery.. With a gun and a knife the tortured my friend and his family for money and mobile phones.. I was lucky enough to be wearing dark clothing and that safed my life.. But please do not go with the bus during the evening.. I know it is cheap but just take a taxi and they will bring you home safely.. I had a terrible first evening and lots of stuff got stolen from my friends and i don't wish anyone the same on there holiday.. Please take your taxi and you will be fine.. And just between me and you.. Taxi's are cheap as well in Bogota,Colombia.. Safe travels.. :)
luisse says:
Hey hun, does this count for long-distance bus journeys between cities? I think I might give it a risk and just hope for the best as can't really afford a taxi between cities :(
Posted on: Nov 15, 2011
Airportman says:
Dat is schrikken, ik weet precies hoe jij hebt gevoeld toendertijd, ik heb het zelf ook meegemaakt hier in eigen land. Ik ben blij dat je er veilig bent afgekomen. Zijn de anderen ongedeerd gebleven?
Posted on: Sep 02, 2009
cabotono cabotono
Apr 04, 2007
The security in Colombia is awesome. There is security everywhere. Is using common scene. Like any big city just take the necessary precautions. Unless you like to wander around to explore non-tourist areas then you can find a problem. Other than that It's a beautiful country Waiting to be explored.

Related Travel Blogs About Security

Connection #2
After a slight delay in Atlanta, I was afraid I may miss my connecting flight in Orlando.  In Orlando, I had to get my luggage at baggage claim, then go to Jet Blue and check the baggage in for …Bogota, then go through security, do currency exchange, and get to my gate in 1.5 hours.  Well, the map at the airport…
News in Brief
June 5 – 26. Living High Life in Wonderful and Truly Metropolitan Bogota   The city gets 7 mm people and sits at 2,600m above sea level. I lived in a little “hospedaje” in Bogota’s his…Bogota brought me to so many great people. People at Security Administration, who listened to me and went an extra…
No Entiendo!
After three days, including one cancelled flight, I finally made it to the last continent on my world tour, starting in Bogota, Colombia.  Luckily it´s been a week since my journey so I no long…security, Emilse was constantly reminding me of the dangers of Bogota.   She´s had jewelry stolen off of her before…

Check Bogota Hotel Deals