Seaview Fish & Chip Shop

Seaview Fish & Chip Shop - My fish & chips

Seaview Fish & Chip Shop Penzance Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Interesting experience! May 22, 2012
The food in this place was nothing special and doesn´t really deserve a review, but the experience in the shop was different.

I arrived Penzance and checked into my hotel at 8:30 pm. After 8:20 hours on the bus I wanted something to eat. Most things close at 5 pm and after that Penzance is pretty dead. Not knowing the town I asked the landlord at the Whiteway Guest House, where I could get fish & chips. He obviously never went out, because he didn´t have a clue. He said he had heard about Seaview Fish & Chip Shop, but hadn´t tired it himself.

I had a craving for fish & chips, so I set off to Seaview Fish & Chip Shop. This was really a local place. Mostly they do take away, but if you want to eat in there are a few tables in a room next to the shop. They had a great variety of different fish and seafood, but it all looked quite greasy. I ordered fish & chips. It was made with a local fish I can´t remember the name of.

What made this experience different was the lady behind the counter. While I was waiting for the fish to fry we had an interesting chat. With a couple of teeth missing and a very strong accent I had a very hard time deciphering what she was saying. She didn´t seem to notice though. She was babbling away about local gossip. By the time my fish & chips where ready I was updated on what was going on among the locals in Penzance.

The fish was tasty, nice and fresh, but the chips were too soggy for my liking. I wouldn´t recommend the place for eating, but it was worth going just for the conversation I had with the lady behind the counter.
Seaview Fish & Chip Shop
My fish & chips
Chokk says:
Ha,ha - sounds like it was easy to become local ;)
Posted on: Aug 06, 2012
sarahsan says:
Then you will do fine in this place Judy!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2012
Hummingbird says:
That sounds so fun. I usually pass on the the chips (or fries), but do enjoy fried fish.
Posted on: Jun 02, 2012