Seattle – Tacoma International Airport

Seattle, Washington

Seattle – Tacoma International Airport Reviews

HuBison HuBison
One of my favorite US airports (good for long layovers). Aug 23, 2011
I love SEA-TAC airport. I've been through it twice and this is one airport where it would be easy to have an extended layover. As soon as you pass security, there is an open arena of restaurants and eating options from pasta to sandwiches to fried fish and sushi. My favorite place is Maki of Japan (for lunch) and Dish D'Lish for breakfast.

At Maki of Japan, you can get cooked Asian-style food or sushi. I really enjoy having an ample selection of choices when I'm about to board a plane for a long flight or have a long layover or got dropped off at the airport early. I don't know if I'd like this airport to spend the night at cause I don't remember its configuration and furniture options and know that the restaurants would not be open all night, but I am always pleased at their food selection when I am in this airport.

If you have a layover here, be sure to grab a good meal to take with you on the plane. A cultural shock issue for me is that I am used to seeing and hearing everything in English and Spanish, but because of the proximity of the airport to Japan, overhead announcements on the shuttle and at baggage claim were in English and Japanese-it made me chuckle. Ahhh, the little things about traveling to other places.

Since I reside in DC, it is also funny that the person who came to pick me up was able to park in the load/unload area, get out of his car and stand next to it while waiting for me; we can't do that in DC (security issues). The police come along and honk at you and sometimes, you end up driving around in circles until your party exits the airport.
Africancrab Africanc…
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Oct 10, 2010
On my recent trip to Iceland, I traveled through Seattle-Tacoma International airport. I thought it was okay, could be better when it comes to help getting from the terminal to baggage claim and onto pick-up/transportation.

The security guy we asked for directions from seemed bother by the fact. The distance from our arrival gate to baggage claim was short, but the distance from the pick-up to the bus/train station was a riduculous walk.

I must admit the little I, saw of the inside of the terminal was impressive. Much better than Philadelphia. I would travel through it again with no reservations. I did read a few reviews from other travelers who had bad experiences, but I do hope I never experience what happened to others. So far, I do recommend using the airport if you have options.
Africancrab says:
Wow, thank God we did not experience that.
Posted on: Oct 27, 2010
Vikram says:
It's a horrible airport. I moved to Seattle from Dallas and this is the one thing I miss the most. The parking's a mess, the security lines are long long long, the baggage checkin areas are the size of a matchbox and so many staircases, lifts and escalators to keep track of. The baggage claim is weird. Weirder if you're returning to Seattle on an international flight. You reclaim your baggage in the carousel in the S terminal - then you go through customs/immigration and put it back on another carousel, and then re-reclaim it in the main building. You would think a hitech city would have more smarts than this in designing an airport.
Posted on: Oct 26, 2010
X_Drive X_Drive
SeaTac Sep 21, 2009
Seattle – Tacoma International Airport, or SeaTac, as it is best known is in the top 20 airports busiest in the nation and hub for Alaska Airlines, which is the one we were on for our trip home from Alaska. Horizon Air, Alaska Airlines regional subsidiary is the second heaviest user here. Southwest, United and Northwest Airlines make up the rest of the heavy users. It began in the late 1940s and has grown ever since, although they have had major sound controversies. A third runway was installed and went operational in November 2008. Twenty-nine Airlines currently use this airport. There are 4 concourses, and two satellites, each of which each has 12 to 15 gates. We found this airport to be clean and well staffed, with plenty of services and places to eat. Gate service was good and the waiting areas were in good condition.

Related Travel Blogs About Seattle – Tacoma International Airport

Attractions With More Adventure In Seattle
Seattle city is a good travel city in United State of Washington. This is a also the best destinations to make vacations with great pleasure. I am planning a trip to Seattle Washington that will …Seattle-Tacoma International Airport the big place and also contain the big spot of attractions were there. Transport amenities…

Check Seattle Hotel Deals