Seattle Center Monorail

Seattle, Washington

Seattle Center Monorail Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
A ride on the Monorail to and from the Seattle Space Needle Oct 11, 2010
Seattle Center Monorail is a public transport that runs along fifth avenue at westlake center in downtown seattle, to Seattle center where the Space Needle is. Mark and I, enjoyed a rather exciting and historic 1.2 mile ride as we headed for the center on a recent visit to the Space Needle. We had a 8 hour layover in Seattle, so we decided to travel downtown to see the Space Needle. The Monorail was the second of the public transports we had used, the first being the Link Light Rail.

The Monorail was built for the 1962 World Fair, it runs a steady 1.2 miles and has recordded over 1 million miles since it started operating.

It was a great experience, I definitely would do it again if I found myself in the Seattle area.

I think all cities with tourist attractions like the Needle should provide public transport llike the monorail. In some cities getting to see the attractions is so much of a hassel.
Africancrab says:
I agree, the price was steep for a 1.2 mile ride. But then again, it is the history and the attraction that is being sold in a sense.
Posted on: Oct 31, 2010
Mark184 says:
I bit pricey for a short ride but not too bad considering it's for tourist only.
Posted on: Oct 30, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Seattle Center Monorail

Africancrab on Seattle's Light Rail and Monorail to tour the Space Needle
With 8 hours to spare in Seattle, the adventurer in me could think of nothing better to do,  than to go tour the Space Needle. It has long been on my "to do" list. Mark (Mark184) was game, so of…Seattle Center Monorail from westgate to Seattle center. An hour later we were at the foot of this…

Check Seattle Hotel Deals