Sealapshimmer Coconut County Resort

Check Alleppey Hotel Deals

Sealapshimmer Coconut County Resort Alleppey Reviews

newintown0 newintow…
Jan 30, 2006
I'm from South India and I live in the US now. I went home for a visit and wanted to spend new year's in Alappuzah / Allepey. I tried to book through Kerala.com. The people were pretty responsive and helped us book in Sealapshimmers (previously called Cocunut County) Resort. We paid 2000INR (44$) a night for a cottage room.

That resort is a dump. They were doing constructions during the new years. The bedsheets had blood stains on them. They had no towels or toiletries in the bathroom (not even soap). We had to go to the management office and ask for it. Over the phone they said that resort had Ayurvedic massage & Backwater boating and everything. When we got there, there wasn't any. They told us we have to book everything on our own. They were constructing all night and we couldn't go to sleep. The management was rude. We decided to leave after one night. They were very threatening. We left anyways. Luckily we paid only 1 day rent in advance. So, we just settled one day's stay and left.

Out of all this, Kerala.com took 25% for commission. They were not very cooperative after we booked the tickets. Luckily, we are from the neighboring state and we kind of knew our way around. I pity the foreign visitors. In a country where we are taught to show the greatest hospitality to the visitors, they cheat. I feel ashamed as a fellow Indian.

On the positive side, there was hot water in the mornings between 7 - 10AM. The room service guys were super nice. The beach is not that good. Allepy/Alappuzha is for back waters. So, stay close to back waters. No need to get to the beach.

Eventually, we ended up staying at Royal Park which was a regular hotel and nice. Later I realized one my best friend's in-laws live there and they rent their place for tourists. I'll find out the details and post it here for you to use some decent place.

Hope your stays were better than mine.

Check Alleppey Hotel Deals