Seahawk Divers

+52 (998) 877 0296

Seahawk Divers Isla Mujeres Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Credible outfit run by nice people Aug 21, 2011
(Photos to come when photos from disposable underwater camera are developed)

We had planned on doing two dives today with Seahawk Divers.

But as a sweetener for our failed sighting of whale-sharks yesterday, they offered either a repeat excursion or a complimentary dive.

When we turned up in the morning, the weather was bad so there was no whale-shark excursion ... so diving was the only option. The weather wasn't that nice for diving either so we cut it off at one dive.

Our single dive was at Manchones. It was a shallow reef and we saw lots of small yellow fish (I'm hopeless with names) and one barracuda ... amongst some other fishes.

Due to the shallow depth and the wind conditions above, there was a bit of current. It's the first time I've seen tumbleweed in the sea (like those cowboy movies). I felt sick when I surfaced and threw up ... another first! But I wasn't alone.

One of the divemasters took a non-diving guest (from the failed excursion) down for a short scuba experience as well.

All-in-all, I feel the outfit is run by a bunch of nice people and try their best to ensure you have a good time regardless of the weather or your luck.

I would have enjoyed the dive better if the weather had been better or if we had tried a couple of other sites. Some fishes are seasonal and I've been told that in June, the place is swarming with parrot fish.
The shallow lagoon where we starte…

Check Isla Mujeres Hotel Deals