Sea organ

Zadarskog mira 1358., Zadar, Croatia

Sea organ Zadar Reviews

monny monny
Sea Organ Zadar Mar 21, 2011
Sea Organ is situated near the new cruiser port, as a part of Zadar's Riva, and can be observed as a differently shaped part of the coast which consists of several stairs that descend into the sea. The stairs extend for about 70 meters along the coast, under them, at the lowest sea-tide level, 35 pipes of different lenght, diameter and tilts were built in vertically to the coast and they raise aslant until the paved part of the shore and end in a canal (a service corridor). On the pipes there are LABIUMS (whistles), which play 7 chords of 5 tones. Above the canal there are perforated stone stairs through which the sound comes out, the air pushed by the sea.

This site is a blend of human ideas and skills and the energy of the sea, waves, tide and flood, a place for relaxation, contemplation and conversation while listening to an endless concert of mystic harmonies of the "Orchestra of Nature".

Sea Organ is constructed according to the project made by architect Nikola Bašić with the help of several experts: Professor Vladimir Andročec was the sea hydraulics consultant from the Zagreb Civil Engineering University, the pipes were made by Goran Ježina from Murter, a well-known organ art workshop - Heferer from Zagreb made 35 labiums for every pipe, and it was tuned by professor Ivica Stamać from Zagreb.

In 2006 Croatian architect Nikola Bašić received the European Prize for Urban Public Space in Barcelona for his Zadar Sea Organ project, as the best among 207 candidate projects from across Europe.
vila says:
One of the bests thing ever! My favourite spot in Zadar. Good description, Monny.
Posted on: Apr 29, 2011
Mixal Mixal
Sea organ... Sep 26, 2011
Sea organ is one of the latest additions to Zadar's list of attractions. In my opinion, the location is what makes it so special. At the very end of Zadar peninsula, right nxt to Greeting to the Sun, it is a perfect place to watch the sunset in this city. However, with large crowds it loses its romantic appeal during the summer. So if you have an opportunity, visit it during the off-season and you're going to enjoy it much more, plus you'll actually be able to hear the organ. Most of the time Sea organ is not that loud as you'd probably imagine. It's actually funny because some locals protested that they are going to be too loud :-)

Related Travel Blogs About Sea organ

The Sea Organ
This is where my dalmatian spite-gene gets active, and I shout to my fellow Dalmatians "Only WE have the Sea Organ! Suck it up!". And the truth is: ONLY Zadar has this kind of a Sea Organ. I remember…Sea Organ! Suck it up!". And the truth is: ONLY Zadar has this kind of a Sea Organ. I remember…
Zadar sea organ and other architecture
We left Sibenik at 8 a.m. with clouds and a very strong winds accompanying us to Zadar.  Zadar is a marvelous city, the ancient capital of the Dalmatia section of Croatia.  It carries tra…Zadar is on a river delta and is therefore both a farming and a fishing area, unlike most of the rest on the coastline.   We saw the Roman forum…
We headed here with the idea of going to Zagreb after. In fact, as a result of some borthday money, I decided we'd go to SLovenia and do some rafting (entry to follow)Zadar is a nice place, we stayed…Sea Organ in Zadar, which you have to see/hear. We just went and sat there for hours listening to it - it was very…

Check Zadar Hotel Deals