Sea U Guest House Bathsheba

Sea U Guest House Bathsheba Rates and Deals

Sea U Guest House Bathsheba Reviews

es1418 es1418
The best travel value I've found to date! Jul 05, 2010
Sea U, located in Bathsheba, Barbados, is an amazing place. It’s located on Barbados’ eastern coast, far from the touristy, built-up west coast. You can spend hours watching the Atlantic’s waves crash into the shore.

Though I went as a solo traveler during the low season in July 2010, the guest house was still full of interesting visitors. I enjoyed everyone I met, which is rare. I suppose Sea U attracts a particular sort of person.

The dinners served at the Sea U were culinary treats, and after seeing the prices of meals across the island, they were incredibly well-priced too. At home I usually eat simply to consume sustenance, but in Barbados I discovered a real enjoyment of food for the first time. Sea U is situated 100 meters from the Atlantis hotel, which gave me another great dining option. I spent almost every day lingering over a delicious lunch at the Atlantis.

The Sea U staff is attentive and friendly, and they make you feel like guests, not tourists, which is a feeling you simply don’t get at a resort. I suppose the guest house’s relatively low number of guests and the European flair the owner brings to the place are the reasons for this.

Sea U is a perfect destination for couples. Bathsheba and the area surrounding it is sparsely populated, and you can walk a short distance along the shore and be completely alone. It’s a wonderful feeling.

I’d could see myself bringing some friends down to Barbados and rent out the entire guest house. I look forward to returning to Sea U one day.

NOTE: I didn’t rate the amenities and bed a ‘5’ due to technicalities. The bed was comfortable but not luxurious to the degree found in some luxury hotels (it was a guest house, so it wasn’t meant to be), and Sea U has few of the amenities typically found in more touristy spots - then again, it has few of the types of tourists typically found in more touristy spots, so that's a tradeoff I'll gladly take. :)
My room at the Sea U, pic 1.
My room at the Sea U, pic 2.
hotchick21 says:
Is Barbados just the best place!! Great review hun x
Posted on: Jun 28, 2011
Dalmia says:
Great information! Enough content and visuals to make me want to put it on my list of future destinations! Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2010
es1418 says:
@gpat: I'm creating a blog, so I'll post pics of the place this weekend.
@Paul-Joseph: Thank you! It's my pleasure. Sea U is truly a fantastic place.
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010

Sea U Guest House Bathsheba Overview

Sea-U Guest House is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner, manager and host fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With Hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 9 rooms are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. The rooms do not have telephones or TVs. A New York Times Editors Pick, Sea-Us welcoming staff - all are from the area - provide knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Uschi Wetzels, owner of Sea-U Guest House says, as a micro hotel in the landscape of the Barbados hospitality industry Sea-U and its team is proud to receive the Green Globe certification and are encouraged in preserving the natural beauty of the unspoiled east coast. Children at not permitted at this property.

Sea U Guest House Amenities

• Horse Riding
  • Surfing
  • Hiking
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower