Sea Life Park

Waimanalo, Hawaii

Sea Life Park Waimanalo Reviews

Jen1107 Jen1107
Swim With Dolphins and Sea Lions! Oct 18, 2011
Sea Life Park is a beautiful park located on the windward side of Oahu in Waimanalo. The drive to Sea Life Park is stunning and the Park itself is beautiful with ocean views.

Here you can learn a lot about a wide variety of marine animals. They have dolphin shows, a big reef tank, sea lion shows, penguin talks, and much more. You can even swim with dolphins and sea lions!

Swimming with the dolphins was a great way to learn about them. We were split into smaller groups and a dolphin would frequently swim by us so we could touch them and interact with them. We were also able to have them push us across the pool with their noses touching our feet as well as hold onto their fin as they swam across the pool. This was great fun! One of the dolphins was featured in the movie 50 First Dates.

Another exciting thing to do is to swim with Sea Lions. I was the only person to sign up for this that day so I had my own private session. The Sea Lions I encountered were both blind and in their 20's. They were so sweet! I learned so much about them that I never would have known otherwise. It was a very different experience that I'm thankful to have had.

You can also purchase pictures and videos from these activities which are definitely worth it!

My friend chose not to participate in either of these activities and he still had a great time walking around the park and taking in the various shows with me. :)
Swimming with Dolphins!
Swimming with Sea Lions!
The dolphin pool
crystalware crystalw…
Apr 23, 2007
This is a small park devoted to marine life. It is located on the Windward Side past Hawaii Kai. To get into the park is reasonable priced at around $30.00. For this price you get to see all the animals and see the shows. There are three big shows. The first one has dolphins, sea lions and penguins. There was a separate sea lion show and separate dolphin show.

For an added price you can do extra activities. You can feed the sea lions for $15.00, feed the sea turtles for $2.00 and other activities. For a much steeper price, $150.00, you can swim with dolphins.

This is a great place to visit in Hawaii and pretty cheap compared to other activities here.
The Dolphin Show
kre0123 kre0123
The Royal Dolphil Swim Apr 24, 2007
This was one of the most amazing things i have ever done in my life. when we first got there we had to sit down and watch a video and listen to one of the trainers talk about how to act around the dolphins and what you can and can't do. there are 3 different programs that you can do with the dolphins. one is the Dolphin Encounter, the second is the Dolphin Adventure the third is the royal dolphin swim. my sister and i decided to do the one that had the most interaction with the dolphins, which is the royal dolphin swim. after we watched the video and listened to the trainer we got into the water. i was so excited i could hardly handle it. there was about 7 people including us in our class. we got to pet the dolphins and watch them do tricks up close and personal. the most amazing part of it all was when we got into the water. once all of us where in the water we took turns going on a dorsal fin ride. this is where you hold on to 2 dolphins fins and the pull you around the pool. it was so incredible to feel their grace through the water. after that the most breathtaking moment comes during the foot push, when you feel all the strength and energy of these wonderful marine mammals as they jet you across the water from the bottom of your feet. i have never felt anything like this in my life. their power pushes you out of the water and you glide across the top. it is the most amazing feeling. i would defiantly recommend wearing some kind of shorts with a draw string when doing this. i think about 3 of the 5 girls lost their bottoms during this activity. the other 2 wore shorts. after all this was photo opt time. we took about 5 photos with a professional photographer that you have the option to buy at the end with a video. everything cost about $200 and well worth ever cent!

overall everything was perfect. the only thing i didn't like was having to get out of the water at the end. but all good things have to come to an end i guess. i will most definitely go back whenever i am in Oahu!
photo opt time...getting kisses fr…
the foot push
kre0123 kre0123
A fun way to learn about marine mammals Apr 24, 2007
sea life park is and amazing and beautiful place. it is located on oahu's Makapuu Beach which is near Waikiki Beach. they have reefs, lagoons, pools, and theaters with a large amount of marine mammals that you can interact with. you can swim with dolphins, watch shows on dolphins, penguins, and sea lions and see the newest training techniques. you can also pet and hold sea turtles and many other kind of reef species. their is a place for kids to get wet and run around called the pirates’ lagoon. this is a great was to spend an afternoon in oahu!

Related Travel Blogs About Sea Life Park

Sea Life Park
We ventured down to the Sea Life Park today. This was a great adventure. The park was small but offered a lot of great things. The entrance is a large reef tank. As you walk around the tank, the walk… We ventured down to the Sea Life Park today. This was a great adventure. The park was small but offered…

Check Waimanalo Hotel Deals