Scuba Gods

849 Kupulau Drive, Wailea, HI, USA - (866) 224-4159

Scuba Gods Wailea Reviews

Eric Eric
Learn how to scuba dive in Maui with a great instructor Apr 01, 2009
I was searching for a place to learn how to dive during my vacation to Maui, and clicked on Scuba Gods because of the unique name. It was clear from the website that Scuba Gods was focused on providing a high quality, personal experience.

I gave Jay a call and he was helpful in explaining the different dive options available. I had never dived before, but there was a "Resort Dive" option available that allowed for a training session followed by some dives near a reef by the shore. I was still researching various options, so I told Jay I'd call him back later that day, but I liked the fact that he wasn't pushy at all in trying to make a sale.

Later on that day I had made my decision, and called back in to schedule a dive later that week. We arranged a place to meet and Jay sent a helpful follow-up email confirmation with the details of the dive.

On the morning of the dive I met Jay in the parking lot of a nearby beach. We had arranged to meet at 7AM, and I had arrived early at 6:50AM, but he was already there and getting things set up. He went over the basics of diving and got me fitted into my gear. We went out to the beach, into shallow water, and practiced breathing into the respirator, clearing the mask of water, and other basics.

Jay has a no-nonsense, yet friendly, approach that makes learning both fun and efficient. Although I'm not personally familiar with other dive instruction programs, I've heard that they typically have larger class sizes, which would make learning more difficult. I had personalized, one-on-one instruction, and was able to learn at my own pace. I can be an impatient guy, and I don't like wasting time even on vacation, so this was perfect for me.

The dive itself was incredible. I love surfing and being out in the ocean, and have wanted to go diving for a long time. Even so, the experience exceeded my expectations. We saw brightly colored, exotic looking fish, a variety of eels, an octopus, and even a few turtles. The sensation of freely moving around underwater, with no need to go up for air, is truly unique. I felt safe and comfortable the entire time.

I'd highly recommend Jay and Scuba Gods to anyone interested in learning how to scuba dive on Maui. He is personable, a great teacher, and it's clear that he cares a lot about the quality of his work. I have no complaints and would not hesitate in calling him again the next time I wanted to dive in Maui.
vodkaphix says:
I gotta go to Hawaii!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!
Posted on: Apr 24, 2009
cneoridium says:
Now you'll be inspired to at least come snorkeling in San Diego this summer!
Posted on: Apr 09, 2009
jaeden says:
You should get certified and come diving here in the Philippines! I have my open water certificate but no one to dive with :(
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009

Compare Wailea-Makena Hotel Rates (0.3km away)

Scuba Gods Map