1 E Mcclain Ave # G20, Scottsburg, USA
+1 (812) 752-0373

Scott County Courthouse Scottsburg Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice building in the middle of town May 25, 2012
The city center was located around Scott County Courthouse which was a huge center piece in this laid back little town that was filled with shops full of old used stuff and all kind of American antiquities dating back some 10 - 70 years. The courthouse was designed in Italianate style by Andrew R. Baty in 1871 but the cornerstone was not laid until 1873, because injunction stopped county seat relocation proceedings. The court house was completed in 1874.

I walked around the house that was surround by a nice park with well kept pavement paths running a cross the green areas. As it was Friday before Memorial Weekend there was a guy cleaning the impressive memorial corner of the little park. The memorial corner was full of names from people that had given their life in WWII, Korea, Vietnam and the resent wars in the Middle east.

I was getting quite curious about the building so I went inside to see how much I could enjoy of it. It turned out to be almost nothing but numerous ladies looked at me from behind their tables where they were eating or knitting. I remembered that I thought that it looked rather inefficient but I was on holiday and didn't put much energy into it.
Scott County Courthouse
The memorial area of the park
Chokk says:
I quite enjoyed my short stay there ;)
Posted on: Jul 19, 2012
Andy99 says:
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Nice that you are seeing a bit of small-town America.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2012

Compare Goshen Hotel Rates (5.4km away)

Scott County Courthouse Map