Scoops On Beverly

311 Beverly Road, Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Scoops On Beverly Pittsburgh Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Lot's of flavors of ice cream Oct 03, 2008
I used to go to Scoops on Beverly all the time when I was a kid... but back then it was a 31 flavors Baskin Robins. It was a favorite of my sister, my grandfather and mine as we would walk the 3 blocks down hill to get to the corner store so my grandfather could buy his nightly lottery ticket... we would be in there with the rest of the kids and their parents and grandparents... my favorite was chocolate in a sugar cone; my problem was the ice cream would leak all over me.

Somewhere when I was in High School Baskin Robins went out of business and over night it turned to scoops on Beverly... the store doesn't have the same nastalgia as it once did but some things don't change... if I get a chocolate ice cream cone I usually end up with it around my mouth (like I did the other night last week at Baskin Robins in Altoona... I love their Chocolate Fudge)... But this isn't about Basking Robins... so let's get back on track.

As we walked into the shop I noticed on the door that they had a pumkin pie flavor ice cream which I thought sounded pretty cool. I walked in and things seemed the same in the way they were set up from when I was a kid but instead of having a friendly faced perky woman behind the counter in a red striped shirt there was a kid who seemed irretated he was there in a grey T-shirt.

I pondered over the ice cream a bit and asked if I could have a tasting of the pumpkin pie (I don't like the pumpkin pie my mom makes for Thanksgiving but I like the pumpkin pie latte's at coffee shops)... he let me try it and it was quite delicious with lot's of flavor! I ordered a scoop of that and Apple Pie, which recently has been my favorite ice cream flavor a month ago when I went to Grand 'Ole Creamery in St. Paul, Minnesota...since then I've had the flavor 4 times!! Yikes. But this one didn't stand out... it had the flecks of apples in it but it didn't have the same kick that I was used too!

The other things you can get here are pints of ice cream to take home, ice cream cakes with fun designs and you can specialty make them and lastly the ice cream cones upside down to make a clown!
Two Scoop Ice Cream Sunday
Ice Cream Cone Clowns
My apple pie and pumpkin pie ice c…

Check Pittsburgh Hotel Deals