Science and Discovery Center at Mall of Asia

Manila, Philippines

Science and Discovery Center at Mall of Asia Manila Reviews

yheleen yheleen
Science and Discovery Center May 21, 2008
When we were in Singapore last September, we (along with the kids) had so much fun in their Science Center and learning that a month after our trip there, MOA will also open its own, i was very excited to visit it.

Fortunately, last February, with new-found friends from the asian conference i had on museums, I was able to go there (with Rafina of Malaysia, Gari of MET and Arnold who's from Davao like me).

Tho, not as big as that in Singapore, we still had fun there and my most favorite was the 15-meter Digistar Planetarium which has 3D screen at the top of the seats. We were able to watch that time Search for Life: Are We Alone? as narrated by Harrison Ford . For those who are not used to sooo much cold, do bring something to warm you while watching in the planetarium because it can be tooo cooold..

Other themerooms in the center are:

Life clock where you can send e-mails to the future

Transportation Nation featuring SINAG (the 1st Philippine solar-powered car)

Virtual Reef to see the life underwater

Robot, Inc.. (I was kind of disappointed in this one tho - since the robots can't be touched - not interactive)

Grossology (I can still remember when this was featured in TV with Kris A

City Science (this I love since it inspired the travel bug inside us and let us dream more on traveling to the skyscrapers all over the world like Taiwan 101, the Petronas and more)

Generally, we had fun BUT it would have been much better for us if we didn't go there an hour before it closes :(

So, my advise is that for you to get the P350 worth of entrance fee, be there many hours before closing time, hehe..

Check Manila Hotel Deals