Schwarzenberg Palace

Prague, Czech Republic
Schwarzenberg Palace - Statue at Hradcanske Square
Schwarzenberg Palace - The intricate graffiti work that welcomes you to the museums
Schwarzenberg Palace - View of the Hradcanske square from one of the top floors of the museum
Schwarzenberg Palace - The dress and the mini-me version I was talking about in my review!
Schwarzenberg Palace - Display of Virgin Mary
Schwarzenberg Palace - Display of Virgin Mary

Schwarzenberg Palace Prague Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Bohemian art in a basement! May 22, 2014
One of the most beautiful and well preserved Renaissance palaces in Prague is situated near Prague Castle on the Hradcanske square. The palace is easily recognizable by its rich black-and-white graffiti decorations on its walls.

I don't have much to say about this gallery. It's quite pleasant but not a must-see. There were overall 2 major galleries here. One was showing an exhibition highlighting the influence of Japanese culture on Czech art. It featured both Czech painters who went to Japan to learn their culture and the other way around.

The second, the Bohemian gallery is interesting. It's about 4-5 floors all starting at the basement (and that's where it's the most interesting)! The paintings and artwork by themselves were very average. Most focused on royalty and the clergy. I found one particular wedding dress with a mini-me quite unique.

I collectively spent 1 hour here and I wouldn't spend more. It's not bad, it's just that there's more to Prague than this!
The intricate graffiti work that w…
The dress and the mini-me version …
View of the Hradcanske square from…
Display of Virgin Mary