Schooner's Seafood House

schooners-seafood.com - (904) 826-0233

Schooner's Seafood House Saint Augustine Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Best coconut fried shrimps in St Augustine Mar 20, 2010
We were discussing where to go for dinner. Since both of us wanted seafood our choice fell on Schooner's Seafood House. My friend had never been there before, but it was conveniently close to her house. Schooner's Seafood House is located in the outskirts of St Augustine and is a well established family restaurant. It has been open for 20 years and they serve the best shrimps in town.

We arrived around 6 pm and the place was packed. It was a 45 minutes wait for a table, so we decided to sit by the bar. I was very impressed by the waitress at the bar. She handled the drink orders for the whole restaurant, plus the food orders from the 8 people at the bar. Amazingly efficient lady, and she did it all with a smile. While waiting for our food, we ended up chatting with some locals. They ate here at least once a week and could not praise the restaurant enough.

We both had the coconut fried shrimps. You can choose an order of either 9, 12 or 18 shrimps. The portions are large and they come with a salad, fries, hushpuppies and a choice of cottage cheese or onion rings. It was absolutely delicious and I ate way too much.

Next to seafood Schooner's Seafood House also serve chicken. And out of the creek you can order frog legs or gator tail.

I can highly recommend Schooner's Seafood House. I will definitely eat here again on my next visit to St Augustine.
Schooner's Seafood House
Salad
Coconut fried shrimps (smallest or…
Beer in a jar