1 A Am Schokoladenmuseum, Cologne, Germany
0221/931888 ext. 0

Schokoladenmuseum Cologne Reviews

MelindaGood MelindaG…
So good!!!! Jul 23, 2008
wow, this place was awesome! not only did we have tons of fun looking at all the cool stuff and seeing chocolate being made, but we got some free samples.... here is some advice... if you go into the store and want chocolate to bring home, buy some of the small bags where you can grab some of everything and then try it before heading back in and spending all your money on the best thing you picked up. I just bought the little of everything and am so mad that I don't have more of my favorites!!!!

WARNING!!! if you are addicted to chocolate, and want to quit.... this is not the place for you!!!!!!
X_Drive says:
I looked at the name "Chocolate Museum" and thought, "How could they keep it long enough to call it a museum with the way people like it so much?" Sounds like a place I could spend a full vacation!! LOL :)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2008
sarahelaine sarahela…
Dec 09, 2007
This is the chocolate museum of the Lindt chocolate company. The displays cover the manufacturing of chocolate, where it grows (including a greenhouse with a chocolate tree - apparently they're related to both coffee trees and hibiscus!), its history in both Mezoamerica and Europe, and some interesting bits about old chocolate vending machines. There is also a demonstration of the manufacturing process where you can visit a chocolate fountain and get wafers dipped in the fresh chocolate for free, and buy some truffles. There are also some artifacts from South America, including a ceremonial hot chocolate beaker that must have held at least three litres of chocolate.

There is a café with great views across the Rhine and a huge shop. The museum would be fully accessible to wheelchairs and buggies. Entrance is 6.50€, 4€ for concessions, but you will need ID - there's no charming the lady to get in as a student without a card.

I really enjoyed my trip here - of course, I wouldn't have said no to more free samples, but that's because I'm greedy! Well worth a trip.

I really enjoyed my trip here
ceremonial hot chocolate beaker
sarahelaine says:
I loved that part too!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2008
oceanroses says:
I especially liked the Tropical Garden part, where you can experience the actual climate where cocoa grows. I actually left quite a bit of money at the shop, because looking at the process of pralines in the making was mouthwatering.
Posted on: Feb 02, 2008