Schnitzelwirt

01 523 37 71

Schnitzelwirt Vienna Reviews

hujera hujera
Typical meal in Vienna Dec 05, 2012
If you are in the capital of Austria, you need to try local deli. Great cakes, coffee with whipped cream (called 'Kaffee mit Schlagobers' in Austrian German) and undoubtedly Wienerschnitzel - the original with veal in the breadcrumb coating.

You can choose from many types of the 'schnitzel' (e.g. Pragueschnitzel with mushrooms, onion and ham or Serbian schnitzel with onion, paprika and potatoes). I was in this restaurant twice and always got a big portion served - 2 pieces of the schnitzel, so no starter was really necessary. A local lager is served also - I remember, that it was Ottakringer lager brewed directly in Vienna.

The restaurant is not 'posh' looking, but a nice and popular place. Wienerschnitzel is very popular meal in the Central Europe, even further quite well known... Guten Appetit und Prost!!!
highpower223 highpowe…
We, too , ate there Sep 27, 2011
We ate there on our only evening in Vienna. Once you get on the right street the unpretentious place is easy to find. Not fancy, don't expect starched linens, the food was good and very reasonably priced. They do not make the traditional veal (Kalbfleish) schnitzel, but have turkey if you do not eat pork. The Ottakringer beer on tap is very agreeable. Service was prompt.
Turkey schnitzel at Schnitzelwirt
genetravelling genetrav…
Feb 10, 2007
Ok, so if you are in Vienna you MUST have a giant Schnitzel.

Further to my review on the other restaurant is this place:

I highly recommend it as a slightly classier 'beisl'

and with a larger menu to choose from.

It's also very easy to get to and just off Maria Hilfer Strasse which is a main street.

Menu's are in English and German

Call ahead as it does get full and I think it is closed on a Sunday!

Schnitzelwirt

1070 - Neubaugasse 52

Telefon: 523 37 71
prism_lace says:
When I entered into Austria, the first thing I had to eat was schnitzel!! It was delicious, and I cannot reproduce that taste on my own recipe to save my life.
Posted on: Jul 11, 2007