Schlössle AS

Check Tallinn Hotel Deals

Schlössle AS Tallinn Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Astonishing Sep 20, 2012
I followed the GPS into the old town where my hotel was located. I had booked my coming two nights in at Schlössle Hotel that is located in the street Puhavaimu 13/15, which actually is only 150 meters from the amazing and vibrant town square. First my GPS wanted that I should cross the square, which absolutely was not an option unless you wanted to end up in jail the first night, so after a brief fight with the lady in the GPS I found an alternative route to the hotel via the harbor area.

After finally arriving at the remarkable hotel I parked the car just outside it and hoped that I could leave it there. It quickly turned out to not be an option after talking to their bellboy. The hotel offered a valet parking where they would park it for me for 20 Euro per day somewhere near the hotel, which I found fair.

The hotel entrance looked like an archery contest in a Robin Hood movie; there were loads of flags hanging at the entrance and the young bellboy was again standing tall at the door, like he had been in the army for years. As soon as I entered the cozy and very boutique like hall that hosted the reception, another young man flew up from his chair and greeted me, as I was some kind of royalty. I really had to concentrate in order not to laugh, as he was extremely formal, polite and yet quite service minded; I could not remember where I had seen something like this the last time, not even in a movie.

The bellboy was almost stealing my suitcases out of my hands while I was listening to the speech from the eager receptionist. He ran up to my room on second floor with my luggage while, I was getting literally entertained by the receptionist telling me about all the features and nuances of the entire hotel. It was spending from breakfast, shoe polish, massage, spa, dinner and restaurant and so on. After some 10 minutes I knew everything about the hotel; well at least I had heard it.

The bellboy came down again and escorted me to my room, passing the restaurant and up the stone stairs. My room was not the largest in the world but it was nice to say the least. The bellboy was about to start all over and I cut him off because I wanted to move on further and get ready for my dinner. He told that if I wanted a shoeshine I should just leave the shoes in basket outside the door in the evening and they would be standing shiny and ready the following morning, that was a great service.

After the bellboy finally left my room I had time to look what I had been given to stay in for the coming two days. There were small giftwrapped chocolates shattered all over the place, which was nice if you like me love chocolate. On the small standing in front of the window was a plate with fresh fruit elegantly cut in different shapes, which was quite decorative and the fruit was both nice and delicate. On the desk there was also chilled water I could use free of charge.

The room had nice closet space and everything that a 5 star hotel has to have. I could not help laughing at the shoe tray standing next to the door. The bed was king-size and really nice. The funniest part was again the small chocolate packages on the pillows. I was quite close to throwing myself on the bed but I would never have come up again, so I resisted the temptation. The bathroom was a bit old fashion and with a bathtub but it was very classy and chic. There was a nice selection of soaps and body treatments lined up; and the bathroom was kept in nice calming colors with matching embroidered towels that were amongst the softest and nicest I ever had.

Even from this short experience I was really impressed with the hotel and it would only be more the coming days that I was staying there. I changed clothes and went downstairs to meet my colleague, who was joining me this evening with the Estonian that we had to meet at the Restaurant Tchaikovsky. My colleague was even more impressed than I because they had upgraded him to a junior suite that turned out to be enormous. It had even a bathroom that was bigger than my hotel room.
My welcome plate
My bed
The chair in the corner
The desk in front of the window

Check Tallinn Hotel Deals