Schiphol, Terminal 1 (Security Nightmare)

Luchthaven Schiphol, Schiphol, Netherlands

Schiphol, Terminal 1 (Security Nightmare) Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The worst security control in Europe May 26, 2011
I had been spending 24 hours in Holland and was heading back home to Copenhagen via Schiphol Airport from where I had been travelling some times. There had always been one thing that stood out as completely silly organized all the times that I had been travelling from there and that was the security check.

I had actually not been there for more than a year and I had hoped that their processed had been optimized in the meantime. We were not in good time when we checked in but there was around one hour until our flight with SAS was leaving. The check-in went smooth and we were thinking that all was well until we saw the insane security check line.

We ended up standing in the line for 45 minutes which was completely insane. If we had not gotten a message that our plane was delayed for one hour we would have missed the departure. It was without a doubt the most ineffective and worst planned security check I had seen in years. We were treated like cattle entering a cattle marked in Rochefort, Belgium.

Please improve
Chaos in the security
Chokk says:
I agree; in Brussels they had these "work slow" actions when a journalist had been going after the security in the newspaper, but it always became better again after a while.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011
Paulovic says:
It can take too long at times indeed. But that same problem I have had on other places too.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2011