Leyergasse 6, Heidelberg, Germany

Scheffel's Heidelberg Reviews

strangemystic strangem…
They brew their own beer Jun 18, 2011
I've been twice times at Scheffel's. Once for lunch, in December 2009, and the last time in June 2011 for dinner.

Actually that evening, we wanted to eat somewhere else but it was already past 10.00 p.m., and we were told that the cook didn't work anymore; so we went to Scheffel's.

Although I've been already there, Scheffel's was not easy to find in the dark. It is in the part of the Altstadt (old city) between the Markplatz and Karlstor, I think closer to Karlstor because it seemed to me that we walked a lot, and in a side street.

We were happy that they still serve food at the time. Scheffel's brew their own beer (at least 3 kinds of it), and you can eat there, and it's also a hotel (though I didn't check the rooms).

They have 2 huge rooms to eat; the first time I was there both rooms were full, and the second time, there were still a fair number of guests. They mainly serve "Pfälzer Spezialitäten", so food from the Pfalz (Palatinate), so somewhat hearty food, but not bad at all, especially if you lile "local" cuisine. All food are served with a plate of mixed salad.

And of course it is recommended to accompany your food with their beer.

Check Heidelberg Hotel Deals