Scenic World

1 Violet St, Blue Mountains, Australia - (02) 4780 0200

Scenic World Blue Mountains Reviews

dream_of_adventure dream_of…
Overpriced tickets Jun 02, 2011
I think the ticket is overpriced. The ride is very short and there is not much to see once you reach the walkway.

Take a guided walk to the cliff look out. See the Three Sisters from the Echo Point. You'll see more.
petit_gooroo petit_go…
I rode the steepest incline Railway in the world! Nov 14, 2009
And I was in the first wagon! ^^

Even though it is impressive, it does not go fast (4 meters per second) so it is not scary and pretty much doable by anybody.

After a 415m descent (including going through a cliff side tunnel), we end in a platform for a great view on the Blue Mountains (with the Three Sisters), and reach an ancient rainforest to do the Scenic Walkway.

The railway is originally part of the Katoomba mining tramways (constructed between 1878 and 1900). It is an opportunity to learn a bit more about the coal mine with size bronze sculptures and reconstructions.

The Scenic Walkway is a 3km path made for tourist inside a rainforest (some parts are very accessible for disabled people).

Even though you don't feel like being in free in the nature because of the walkway, it is still interesting to discover a different fauna and different animals living there. We saw a very funny bird making noises that sounded like a video game or some kind of electronic alarm. Weirdo.
Sunflower300 says:
I was just here today!!! I have done it before but my friend I was with had not. The walkway was new for me and I enjoyed it. You can leave the wooden walkway and go for a 'real' bush walk if you want.
Great review!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2010
Airportman Airportm…
A walk in the rainforest and a view on the Blue Mountains Aug 04, 2009
Scenic World is only a short drive away from Echo Point and allows you to see the Blue Mountains from the top as well, but also have a walk through part of the rainforest.

When we arrived there, we had several options to take. We could take Skyway Return for a view over the valley and the Blue Mountains. But since we also had to eat and didn't had enough time (because we had to lunch as well), we opted to take the Scenic Railway down to the rainforst, take a short walk on the Scenic Walkway and then go back up using Scenic Cableway.

A ticket for this package, called the "Valley Return", costed us at the time 19 AUS dollars (around 14 euros or around 19,50 US dollars). There are several options we could choose when purchasing the tickets.

The way down with the Scenic Railway is almost vertical and quite spectacular. The walk through the rainforest was short, but nice. And the ride with the cable allowed some view of the area.

(Note: pictures that show a * weren't been taken by me)
The Three Sisters
* Waiting for the descent
* Railway operator
* Going off and on the Railway
liekevo liekevo
Scenic World Sep 28, 2005
During my trip to the Blue Moutains we went to Scenic World. They have a scenic Skyway, Railway, Cableway and Walkway. The day we were there is was very misty and the scenic Skyway was closed because of that, not much to see. But you could take the Railway or Cableway down to the rainforest, because this was below the clouds. We took the Railway down, this is the steepest incline railway in the world. When we where down we walked the Walkway, there is an audioguide, but we walked it ourselves and read the explanations along the way. Back to the top we took the Cableway.
Start of the railway
End of the railway (or start when …
Information about the railway
The rainforest

Related Travel Blogs About Scenic World

Day 4: Visiting the Blue Mountains, the Three Sisters and Scenic World
We got back onto the bus and we drove towards Echo Point, for a view of the "Three Sisters" a rock formation which, according to an aboroginal legend, were 3 sisters (Meehni, Wimlah and Gunnedoo)&nbs…Scenic World, which gives you a chance to walk around in the rainforest, as well as viewing the "Three Sisters" and the "Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains
After Featherdale, we ate lunch in the small town of Leura.  Mark and I ate a place called the Post Cafe that of course was located in an old post office.  I had a very good …Blue Mountains. Our next stop was Scenic World, which offers several unique ways to get around including the steepest…
Australia impression
April 11, 2008 was may last day in SunGard System Access and I was off to the land down under at that night. Nothing to say much... Enjoy the comic strips.My initial destination for the trip was Bris…blue mountain and that is why. For the trip. We went see wild kangaroos, check the cliffs, went to scenic world

Check Blue Mountains Hotel Deals