Scarborough Beach

Foreshore Road, Scarborough, United Kingdom

Scarborough Beach Reviews

MrsJ MrsJ
The best of all beaches! May 26, 2015
We were given the option of having a cheap holiday in Scarborough, which I took up mainly because I just wanted a change of scenery having not been able to get away for a bit. I grew up in Bournemouth and as a result, have no affinity with the seaside. Some people like a beach holiday and that's fine, but for me, I usually avoid them. The beach to me has always been somewhere that is packed out with super-inflated prices for basic food stuffs and drinks.

That does not apply to Scarborough beach.

We came down to bring our little boy to play and were greeted with donkey rides at just £2 a ride up and down the beach, we felt we received value for money and as a result, it wasn't the last ride he had. The lady with the donkeys was very friendly and chatted away to our boy and posed the donkeys so we could take a photo.

The beach itself was very clean and there were little "tat" shops along it (but not too many) where you could buy your obligatory sticks of rock and "a gift from Scarborough" fudge packs for family and friends, as well as your bucket and spade. Basically all the tat you want for a trip to the beach - perfect!

There were plenty of places to get the mandatory fish 'n' chips meal from, as well as teas, coffees, cold drinks and ice-creams. It was essentially a quintessential seaside town that has retained what the Victorians loved about the seaside. If you have children (no matter their age) be sure to walk along the beach up to the castle for a visit which will just complete your day!

Check Scarborough Hotel Deals