Scandinavian Kitchen

020 7580 7161

Scandinavian Kitchen London Reviews

AdamR3723 AdamR3723
Delicious May 09, 2017
This was a great discovery - a gastronomic 'breath of fresh air'. I went inside this place (very close to Oxford Circus) to buy some Swedish foodstuffs for a friend who reccommended the place to me.

While I was waiting to pay, I spotted the delicious looking food being served to people at the small tables in the light and airy dining area. I ordered meatballs with beetroot and cabbage salads. The meatballs were delicately delicious, and the generous portions of salads were very tasty.

The grocery section of this place offers a wide range of Scandinavian foods, both refrigerated and not. Anyone, who knows and likes Scandinavia, will enjoy this place. Anyone unfamiliar with the region may well develop a taste for its lovely food.
sarahelaine sarahela…
Scandinavian Kitchen Apr 13, 2011
Scandinavian Kitchen is a small café not far from Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road, on a back street near the BT Tower. Serving Swedish food, it is a nice, light place to grab some lunch.

I had a hot dog and some juice for less than £5, which was great. The hot dog was excellent. But there are lots of other things to eat too, including smorgasbord platters, so you don’t have to risk mustard on your top if you don’t want to. There were plenty of seats, including some nice ones by the window where you could watch the world go by. I had walked past it initially, dismissing it as a bit cool and expensive looking – I was wrong, and you should give it a try.

The Scandinavian Kitchen also has a sort of deli function too, selling Scandinavian food and biscuits. This is a useful place to know about if you are in the area. The food is nicer and better value than most of the chain coffee shops, and the café ambience suits me better than a pub lunch type ambience as I’m often in that part of town for meetings and don’t want to come in smelling of pub. I would recommend this.
sarahsan says:
It seems like the hot dog originates from Frankfurt, Germany and has been known there since the 13th century. It was brought to America in the 18th century by a German immigrant. :)
sarahsan says:
Sorry Christian, I don´t eat hot dogs.
Sarah, you are right, smörgåsbord is definitely Swedish.
sarahelaine says:
I know the hotdogs I had in Denmark were better than the American ones, anyway! An they serve them in ikea... ;) smorgasbord is definately a Scandinavian thing, though, right?

Check London Hotel Deals