Scandic Sjofartshotellet

Scandic Sjofartshotellet Rates and Deals

Scandic Sjofartshotellet Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice and refurbished May 09, 2011
I was back in Stockholm and it had almost been 3 weeks since I was there the last time and Stockholm had changed from being a winter city to a city that was enjoying the sunbeams and green leafs on the trees. It was not that warm still around 16-17 degrees but in this area it was almost as summer; it felt 10 times warmer than it was.

I had yet again booked myself in to for me a new hotel; the name was Scandic Sjöfartshotellet and was situated in the part of Stockholm called South in Swedish. It was a bit of the city centre but in an area that was well known for its parties and many bars. The hotel was situated close to the water and I had taken a taxi there from my office which didn’t take that long.

The hotel entrance was nice and the receptionist as well. She was quick and gave me an upgrade because I am bonus member and I was given a room with a view towards the water. She also gave me the access code to their Wi-Fi and given a newspaper as well.

The room was on third floor and when I got up to the third floor I had a street in front of the windows to the right. The hotel was built on a cliff. The room was at the end of the hall and it was quite nice and bright. Half of the view of the windows was blocked by a house but the other half gave me a good view of the water and a nice part of Stockholm.

The room had just been refurbished the receptionist had told me and they had done a good job. The bed was a nice king-size and there were a desk and I had been given a Wi-fi access code in the reception.

I went down to the restaurant to get something to eat and the place was nice and open. The menu was not large to choose from but it looked nice and I went for the day menu that went for approximately 20 euro for 3 courses which I found very fair. The starter was a dish of asparagus and the main course were lamb; all of it tasted quite well.

After my dinner I noticed that they had a sky bar on the 7th floor so I went up there to check it out. The view from up there was really nice; you could really see a nice part of Stockholm.

There were already 20 people or so up there and most of them were not living in the hotel. I ordered a beer to accompany the view; it was not warm in Stockholm yet but for one beer I had no problem to stay there. More and more people came up there so I decided to go to my room after the one beer; it was getting really crowded up there.

The next morning the breakfast was served the same place as the dinner the day before and there was a good choice on the buffet menu. I was quite pleased and the room was really nice and bright. It was a good way to start the day. I checked out; everything went smooth and took a taxi that the reception ordered to the office.
The hotel from the street
The terrace on the roof
The reception area

Scandic Sjofartshotellet Overview

Scandic Sjofarthotellet is located near the beach in Stockholm's Sodermalm neighborhood and close to Stockholm City Museum, Stockholm Palace, and National Museum. Additional points of interest include Stockholm Stock Exchange Building and Stortorget.

Hotel Features.
Dining options at Scandic Sjofarthotellet include a restaurant and a coffee shop/cafe. A bar/lounge is open for drinks. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness facility. This 3.5-star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, a meeting/conference room, and audio-visual equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Business services and concierge services are available. Guest parking is limited, and available on a limited first-come, first-served basis (surcharge). Additional property amenities include a rooftop terrace, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities.

All guestrooms at Scandic Sjofarthotellet feature safes and complimentary newspapers. Dial-up Internet access is available. In addition to desks and fax machines, guestrooms offer phones. Televisions have satellite channels and pay movies. Rooms also include hair dryers and trouser presses. Guests may request hypo-allergenic bedding, extra towels/bedding, and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is available daily.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

Scandic Sjofartshotellet Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes