Scandic Sergel Plaza

Scandic Sergel Plaza Rates and Deals

Scandic Sergel Plaza Stockholm Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Right in the city center Jan 20, 2012
The hotel was booked by a friend for a short weekend break-away. It is located in the heart of central Stockholm, right by Sergels Torg and a stone's throw away from restaurants, entertainment and shopping streets. It is very conveniently located with only a short distance from Stockholm's central station (15 minute walk).

Very plain exterior doesn't do the hotel much justice, but you are very pleasantly surprised on entry where the hotel opens up with immense bright lobby area with comfortable seating leading to a modern reception area. The reception desk is manned with smiley and welcoming staff who are ready to help with any enquirers. At the point of checking in, you are given key-cards which operate both your room door and hotel elevators.

I stayed in a twin bed room with wooden flooring which was bright, airy and spotlessly clean. The room was equipped with the necessary commodities for a short 2-night stay including wardrobes, desk, trouser press, TV and telephone.

The en-suite bathroom had a bathtub with a shower and hairdryer and was spotlessly clean. The towels were also provided.

The hotel offers free wi-fi access which works anywhere in the hotel.

Breakfast was inclusive so I indulged myself with huge breakfast on both days. The choice of food was just spectacular with bread, cereal, pancakes, cold meat, cheese, veg, fruit, juice, tea and coffee varieties to spoil. The breakfast was served in a big restaurant/bar area which could accommodate a lot of hotel guests at one seating.

The only downside of the hotel was the view. Or rather a lack of it.
Entrance
Reception
Bar/restaurant
Twin bedroom
vixen2306 says:
Photos for this review are courtesy of danikbates :)
Posted on: May 07, 2012
Chokk Chokk
Nice location but a bit used hotel Sep 29, 2011
I had been driving from Stuttgart to Copenhagen during the day; it was a 1000 km drive in beautiful weather and as soon I arrived in Denmark I headed for the airport where I had the last plane to Stockholm. I landed in Arlanda Airport at midnight and grabbed a taxi and arrived at the Scandic Sergel Plaza just before 1 am pretty tired after a long day of transport.

It was a wonderful night and just under twenty degrees when I arrived and a lot of people were entering the hotel as I arrived. The hotel was situated just behind Sergels Torg that a central place in Stockholm city. I left my taxi and entered the reception where a guy looking like he was a technician was the receptionist. He quickly found my booking, which I was quite pleased about because I had not called and said that I was arriving late and I had experienced more than once in Stockholm that they had taken a chance and given my room away.

I asked if they had a mini bar in the room and they had not so I bought a bottle of water in the reception shop. I was given a room on the 7th floor, which was the top floor. As I entered my room I had my old view of the first Scandic hotels confirmed. The room interior was old and really simple. It was far from some of the really nice new hotels that they had built and the refurbished ones.

The room was okay by size but half the size of the room I had the day before in Stuttgart and for a lower price, but the price level of hotel rooms in Stockholm is in general pretty steep. The room had a huge bed that took most of the space of the room. There was a desk under the window and as I entered the white curtains were shading for the opposite house. The outer curtains were also white and far from pretty.

I was not impressed but at that time of night I was only interested in getting some sleep fast. The bed was not the best either but I guess I was rather picky after my great stay in Stuttgart. The hotel was really quiet and I had no problem in getting a night of sleep.

Next morning after a shower and quick packing I went down to check out from my room and headed for some breakfast in the restaurant that was situated next to the reception. The food was really good and the choices quite broad.

Afterwards I asked the reception to call me a taxi and it arrived less than 5 minutes after, which was nice and fast. As such the hotel was okay but I had been used to the newer versions of Scandic and therefore might have been hard in my evaluation. The hotel provided me with a good night sleep and that was actually the main purpose when I arrived as late as I did.
The room
The desk and flat screen
The bed
The windows
TravChef says:
oh, it is quite expansive (at least for me) though!
Chokk says:
I paid around 220$ per night but I guess it depends on the given day.
TravChef says:
Can you tell me how much per night here? It looks okay from the picture though.

Thank you for your review.
Jantima
Haydenerg Haydenerg
Scandic Sergel Plaza Stockholm May 31, 2011
This hotel has 403 Rooms and all the rooms are no smoking rooms, The Room is excellent, Clean, Tidy, The Bed is Comfy and the bathtube is big enough.

Also the Big Flat TV Screen that I got and for every room as well.

The Internet connection is free for entire Hotel but you will get the internet code from the Receptionist when the first time you check in and the internet connection is very fast and steady.

Breakfast area is very large and divided to two parts so the guest can freely sit wherever they want and also there are so many Choices of breakfast foods that you can take.

Also they served fruits salad as one of my favourite for my breakfast.

So when you come to stockholm, this hotel will be a very good option for you because give you good facilities that you need when you stay for your leisure trip.
charleentjuh charleen…
Scandic Sergel PLaza Dec 24, 2009
The scandic sergel plaza in stockholm was a real good stay. The people that work there were very friendly, and the food is excellent.

The price is about what you pay in a western europe hotel, but what you get in return is much greater.

They have a spa, fitnesscentre, easy acces point and a bar.

The breakfast buffet is indeed not that small lol.

But the best part is , is that the hotel is very very very downtown! Nearby T-centrale, behind the kulturehuset.

If you are planning to go to stockholm, say that Charleen & Sanne from holland said hello !
hotel; scandic sergel plaza
Jollyjetsetter says:
This was the hotel I stayed at when I was last in Stockholm (Easter 2007). I agree with this review, it is very accurate. One tip you might indeed benefit from is to ask the hotel kindly if you can borrow their bike, and make use of it for a full day around hyper cycle-friendly Stockholm. You won't regret it!
Posted on: Jan 01, 2010
Eric says:
Thanks for your hotel review!
Posted on: Jan 01, 2010

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower