Scandic Plaza Umea

Scandic Plaza Umea Rates and Deals

Scandic Plaza Umea Reviews

tersia tersia
Clean & friendly Aug 07, 2011
We didn't book a hotel in advance, and when we got to Umea after 11pm, the Scandic was almost the only hotel still open at that hour.

We were lucky that they still had a triple room available, and because we would only spend a few hours there, they gave us a good discount on the room.

The room were very clean, had nice beds and a big bathroom. The hotel also had free WI-fi and a full breakfast was included. I liked the decor of the hotel, it was modern and stylish.

Undercover parking was available opposite the street, think we paid more or less 15 euros for the night.

I liked the hotel very much, even though we didn't spend that much time there. If I ever find in Umea again, I will definitely stay there.
Our room
dieforu says:
hehe,me to lazy!;DD
Posted on: Sep 15, 2011
tersia says:
you should write one too... :)
Posted on: Sep 14, 2011
dieforu says:
good that u wrotte something for this one!I was thinking to write or not!!hehe:D
Posted on: Sep 14, 2011
Decent hotel in central umea Jun 24, 2011
Decent hotel which is conveniently located in the middle of Umea. Stayed there for a couple of nights before I sorted out my uni accomodation. Staff were helpful and polite, spoke excellent english. Room was decent quality, not overly expensive. I'd recommend it to anyone passing through. There are bars ... etc located nearby and I think there's a nightclub in the actual hotel.
ken2010 ken2010
comfortable but too big Sep 12, 2010
I visited Scandic Plaza in early spring and the snow was still there outside the windows. The rooms are furnitured with lots of steel and cold coulours so I almost could feel a bit cold although the temperature in the room was normal.

The hotel has an excellent location in the very city and it is easy to find even on your own. The receptionarea is connected to the big restaurant.Every time I needed some help from the front desk I had to use the bell, since the staff were in an inner room. The staff are correct, friendly although a bit too much of distance and integrity to feel easy. If you have forgotten your toothbrush or other hygien items, no problem, they sell all of this in the small shop in the reception.

The rooms are a little bit small for this standards and it can be a bit hard to find your room in the mazing corridors, although there are good signs. The elevator is very nice with glass windows almost all the way up.

The bed is very comfortable and the lighting in the room excellent. TV and minibar of course as well as hair dryer in the bathroom that also is comfortable although no tub.

Breakfast has a very generous serving of all kinds of cerials and musli, as well as many flavours of jam and marmelade. All sorts of bread as well as meats and provisions and different flavours of cheeses.

The restaurant serves dinner in the evenings and you can choose from a buffet or รก la carte menu. The dishes are of high quality and well worth its price.

Summarized I can recommend this hotel although I miss the personal touch and flavour here, but the standard seems higher than the three stars, at least in the restaurant.

Scandic Plaza Umea Overview

With its central location, Scandic Plaza Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Umea. The Scandic Plaza Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each guestroom has hair dryer, non smoking rooms, inhouse movies. Guests staying at this Umea accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as laundry service/dry cleaning, 24hr room service, bar/pub, restaurant. Hotel's guests can experience on-site latest leisure and sports facilities such as gym. Along with its convenient location in Umea, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. To proceed with your booking at the Scandic Plaza Hotel, simply choose your travel dates and fill in our secure online booking form.

Scandic Plaza Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower