Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals

Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen Reviews

TravelLass TravelLa…
Good but there is room for improvement Apr 02, 2014
The hotel is about 10min to 15min walk from central station, depending on your walking speed. It is also conveniently located right next to City Hall and Tivoli (Tivoli was closed when my friend and I were there and supposed to reopen in mid April 2014). It is also right close to the shopping area and within walking distance to many attractions and Nyhavn.

Next to the hotel are KFC, Burger King and McDonald's which open til late if you want a night snack.

Room is done in a rather modern decor, which is nice. Note that the toilet and wash basin are separated from the shower area, in 2 cubicles across each other. There is only one hook to hang the towel but not clothes in the shower area therefore there is a need to dash back to the toilet to get dressed. The doors are glass with no locks. It can be a challenge and rather awkward if you share the room with a friend.

There is free wifi in the room and is a stable connection. However, there is a need to get a new login/password if you stay more than 3 nights.

Not a wide selection for the breakfast spread and no variation at all for the entire 5 days I stayed there.

Service at the reception can be improved, epecially for a particular staff, which I have forgotten to note her name. On one occassion, she sent my friend and I to a bus stop, which we only realised the bus has been diverted due to upcoming marathon in the area, after waiting for 25min.

The morning my friend and I were to check out and head to airport was the day of the marathon. The hotel did not make it a point to inform the guests. My friend and I only found out about the marathon and road closure when we asked the restaurant staff what was going on with the tents that have been put up. It was a good thing that my friend and I were up early and had ample time to check out and leave before the marathon started.

During check out, I asked the staff where will be a good place to get a taxi given the number of luggages. She was rather reluctant to help, suggested that she could try to call for a taxi which will pick us up at the side but will be hard to identify the taxi (really?! Wouldn't there be a car plate number to identify??). She could try, was what she kept repeating. Not that she will try. When asked which terminal is Singapore Airlines (I thought it was terminal 3 and wanted to confirm), instead of checking, her response was "I think it is 2." That with an unsure expression. I responded with a "You think.", followed by a pregnant pause and she added nonchanlantly "anyway the terminals are small." After a few more seconds of silence from me, then did she offer "I can check if you want."

Of course I want her to do that! That was my expectation right from when I asked that first question! I don't expect her to know which terminal from memory but I do expect her to check immediately or at least offer to check immediately if she doesn't know!

This was the same girl who sent my friend and I to the bus stop where that particular bus service was diverted!
Ram_81 Ram_81
Perfect Place to stay Oct 27, 2010
I've been staying here for past 2 weeks and planning to stay here on all my visits to copenhagen. The location is perfect, it's in copenhagen town hall and next to the walking street - the most happening place in the city. Room is really spacious and is frankly too much for me as i am alone here, bathrooms are perfect and the balcony view is perfect after a days work... i really love this place. They provide good breakfast which is included along with the room tariff. Though the restaurant here have only limited but delicious food, there are plenty of options to try different cuisines of the world the moment you step out of the hotel. Gym facility is availabe and is good. they also provide cycle if you want to have a true danish experience of cycling around this lovely city. As a whole it's a great experience.

Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen Overview

Set in the centre of Copenhagen, the Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen is within an short walk from Danish Design Centre, Gammeltorv Square and Louis Tussauds Wax Museum. The neighbourhood is famous for shopping. Copenhagen's attractions, such as The National Museum of Denmark and Grabrodretorv Square are easily accessible on foot.

The Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen offers comfortable rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. It is within a two minute walk from Copenhagen City Hall, and Pantomime Theatre and Tivoli Gardens are a short walk away. Guests can also re-energise at the fitness centre. Amenities at the hotel include meeting rooms, conference room(s) and a dry cleaning service. The fitness room is equipped with free weights.

The Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on which place to go.

Scandic Palace Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower