Scandic Norra Bantorget

Scandic Norra Bantorget Rates and Deals

Scandic Norra Bantorget Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice new hotel but strange layout inside Nov 17, 2011
I was back again in Stockholm and yet again I had booked myself into what for me was a first visit to a new hotel. I had been to a beer tasting arrangement in Copenhagen but I had to leave early to take the plane to Stockholm where I had an early meeting the following morning.

I arrived in Stockholm just after 10 pm in the evening and taking the taxi made me arrive at the hotel just after 10.30 pm. The weather was getting cold again and it was just below zero. The street was empty except for some smokers standing outside the main entrance to the hotel. The entrance was situated in a backstreet just one block from Norra Bantorget.

Inside the hotel was quite busy; there was a reception just in front of the entrance and next to it there was the bar where maybe 10 persons were hanging around. In the corner there was a large group of people were hanging around in the comfortable and colorful lounge chairs in the lounge area.

The check-in went fast and I left for the room at the same time as another guy and we went to the elevator that was situated pretty far from the reception area. We entered the elevator and there was no floor mentioned so we just looked at each other and laughed. He put his room card in the card reader and up we went. We were both on the 6th floor but all the room numbers were either 400’s or 700’s so we followed the sign to another elevator were there was a quite large dashboard with a lot of numbers that didn’t work. Finally we made the 6th floor work and we found out that we were in another building at 7th floor and we therefore had to go down. We both smiled again having found the right floor and bid each other good night.

My room was just around the corner of the elevator; room 602. The room was really large and nice. I entered in a small hall where the closet was. There was a large bed along the opposite wall. There were some huge floor-to-ceiling windows covering the whole wall facing the square. There was a nice large bathroom also with big windows facing the same square. There was a nice little desk and also flat screen hanging on the wall. In front of the window wall there were a small table and a couple of chairs in dark blue, the same colors as the curtains by the way. On the opposite wall there was another bed that could be folded down from the wall, so I guess that the room could host 3-4 persons.

After the room inspection I dared myself to find back to the bar next to the reception because I wanted a beer before I headed for bed. When I came down there my fellow explorer from the way up there was already sitting in the bar with a glass of wine. The bar closed normally at 11 pm but with the crowd they had they kept it open to 11.30 pm when I also called it a night.
The bed
The extra bed against the wall
The windows facing the square
The little desk and the flat screen

Scandic Norra Bantorget Overview

This property is located on a side street off the popular and famous Drottninggatan. Its central position ensures you get the most out of your visit to Stockholm, as shops, restaurants, nightlife and much of Stockholm's abundance of museums, art galleries and tourist attractions are all within walking distance. The hotel is also well placed for transport links including the Arlanda Express to the airport .

This is a good standard hotel with an excellent location in the heart of Stockholm. The hotel is also part of the Stockholm City Conference Centre which has two further buildings apart from the hotel called Norra Latin and Folkets Huset. Between them the company can accommodate anywhere from 10 to 1400 delegates.

The hotel is housed in a former office block designed by one of Sweden's most distinguished architects, Sven Markelius. He designed the hotel as an English inspired experimental house with a rough glass facade in the 1950s.

The double rooms range from small to medium in size, however the single rooms are quite small. Most of the single rooms are located on the top floor and have leaning ceilings and deep windowsill, while the double rooms are well proportioned and located on lower floors. Both room types are smartly decorated in a classic style with a contemporary twist with simple lines, light wood floors, and soothing colours. The bathrooms are small but functional and simply decorated in off-white.

The hotel's dining and social congregation areas are located in a large open planned space that also incorporates the reception and lobby. The space has few boundary lines making it an airy, light and colourful environment to enjoy the breakfast buffet while during the rest of the day it is possible to order stylish and contemporary dishes or just simple and traditional bar snacks.

The lobby is a large open planned space that functions as the hotel's social heart. As mentioned above it incorporates a reception desk immediately at the street entrance, while seating can be found throughout the large area for a number of different uses such as stools against the bar, stylish and designer sofa's and chairs in the lobby and simple and contemporary seating in the restaurants.

45 kms to the nearest airport (arlanda), 5 minute walk to the nearest bus stop, 7 minute walk to the nearest metro station (t-centralen), Close to the station (stockholm central).

Scandic Norra Bantorget Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels