Scandic Hotel Neptun

Check Bergen Hotel Deals

Scandic Hotel Neptun Bergen Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Good hotel in a great location Aug 05, 2013
I often go to Bergen on business. We used to stay in a different hotel, but my company had made a new deal with the Scandic Neptun hotel. At first I was anything but happy. My experience with the Scandic hotel chain has not been the best in the past, but boy was I wrong this time. The lobby area was very large and stylish, The Scandic Neptun has one of the larges collections of modern art in Bergen.

We arrived close to midnight and there was no other guest in the lobby. When my colleagues had been checked in I asked if it was possible to get a room with a bathtub. The poor receptionist, who seemed to be quite new in the job, said that they were renovating the hotel and the rooms had not been updated in the computer. He did not know whether the room he gave me had a tub or not, but he would be happy to change if it didn´t. I went to the room to discover that it didn´t. I went back to the reception and got another room. The second room had a tub, but unfortunately had not been cleaned after the previous guest. Once more I went back to the reception. The poor guy was so sorry. It had been updated in the computer that it was clean. This time he gave me 3 different key cards so that I could pick the room I wanted. I only had to call him to tell which room I chose and didn´t have to go back a third time to return the key cards I didn´t use.

I have now stayed at the Scandic Neptun several times and have always got nice a spacey rooms with a separate sitting area. I know many people react to the two single beds that are put together as a double bed. This is very common in this country. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have slept in, in any hotel. From not being to happy having to spend the night in Bergen, I now love it. I sleep so well there. There is lots of lighting and plugs for your electric devices too. The rooms are also equipped with a small desk, a flat screen TV with international channels and tea/coffee making facilities. Wi-fi is free and works well. If you don´t bring your own computer, there is a guest PC in the library. A couple of times I have got rooms on the top floor, which means a nice balcony. The hotel is all non smoking.

The bathroom is not the biggest, but nice and clean. There is soap in a dispenser, but no other amenities. Towels are nice and fluffy though. Some rooms have a bathtub, but not all. I love the glass bathroom doors. They have caricatures of typical historical things from Bergen.

Scandic Neptun Hotel allows pets, so if you can´t part from Fido on your holiday, bring him! If you have pets in your room there is a cute little sign you can hang on the door to “warn” house keeping.

If breakfast is included in the room rate or not, depends on the deal you have. The breakfast buffet was very good with a wide range of items - hot and cold. It was plenty of choice, including good scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, hard and soft boiled eggs, smoked salmon, fresh bread etc.

Scandic Neptun has a great location in the centre of town, It´s within easy walking distance of Bergen Harbour, the Funicular, the Fish Market and other main tourist attractions. The airport bus stops in front of the hotel and the train station is a short walk away.

In addition to Restaurant Entre, where breakfast is served, there are also Pascal Bistro, Restaurant Lucullus and Ludvig Wine and Champagne Bar in the hotel. There is no gym, but they have an agreement with a local gym, which you gain access to for free. The hotel has no parking facility, but you can park at a park house nearby (extra fee).

I never thought that I would recommend a Scandic hotel, but the Scandic Neptun in Bergen I can warmly recommend. At the time of writing, renovation work is still going on , so if you stay there, make sure to get a room in the new part of the hotel.
Reception and lobby
Reception and lobby
Lobby
First stay
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature, Sarah! :)
cotton_foam says:
Awesome review! Congrats, Sarah! Thank you for your time to share all these infos! ~ May
Zagnut66 says: