Scandic Hasselbacken

Scandic Hasselbacken Rates and Deals

Scandic Hasselbacken Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Really nice hotel in wonderful surroundings Oct 10, 2011
I had been working all day in Copenhagen and I had booked the last flight for Stockholm. I was facing some travelling days ahead; one day in Stockholm and then two days in Struer in Northern Jutland after that. I had been home packing two bags one for Stockholm and on that I would leave

The plane was leaving from Copenhagen airport at 10.45 pm and arrived just after midnight; it was quite empty and was sitting alone on my row. I was quite tired but I enjoyed a small bottle of champagne and a glass of white wine in the plane so I would fall asleep fast when I arrived at my hotel.

I quickly found a taxi that could take me the 45 km to the hotel. It was the first time I was staying at the Scandic Hotel Hasselbacken that is situated in a part of Stockholm named Djurgarden or the animal garden. The area is a really nice part of Stockholm but as I was arriving there 1 pm everything was dark and the streets were empty. The taxi driver had not driven any customers to that hotel before so we were both looking for the hotel driving along the museums and amusement area.

We found the hotel and I entered a huge entrance hall. The reception was to the right and I stated my name; the guy in the reception found my booking. Much to my surprise the hotel was almost full; I saw that they had a fridge with some food and cold drinks in the entrance hall and I therefore asked if they had mini bars in the rooms but they didn’t. I therefore picked up a bottle of water, I also booked a taxi for the fast arriving morning at 7.45 am.

I was given a room on the 4th floor and I quickly found my room. The room was really nice and spacious. I stepped into a small hall area with closets and access to the bathroom that was really nice and large too. The walls in there were grey marble and with a large mirror and sink section. The shower area was large and separated with a glass door.

The room itself was really nice and bright; the walls were white and there was a nice bright wooden floor. Facing the door was a full door size window but everything outside was totally black. The curtains were greyish and so was the bed cover on the wonderful king size bed. There was a small dark blue chair in the corner with a small square table. The furniture like the bed headboard and the desk were in dark hard wood and the room was really nice and I felt quite good there.

I went to sleep quite fast and there were no noises at all at the hotel so even though I didn’t sleep long I was fresh when I woke up. The view from the room was nice with loads of threes loosing their leaves.

The breakfast was great at the hotel; the area was facing some kind of amusement park and the look was really cozy in the restaurant. Most of the other guests were couples on holiday and enjoying there breakfast in a relaxing tempo while I rushed it because I was heading for my taxi outside the hotel. Once outside I was greeted with wonderful sunshine and a nice view. This was with no doubt a good hotel being a tourist in the city.
The small hall in the room
The bed
The bed
The room
nyprne says:
Great feature!
bernard69 says:
congrats on your featured review:)
monky says:
Congrats on being featured Chris!

Scandic Hasselbacken Overview

Location. Scandic Hasselbacken is located in Stockholm, close to Tivoli Grona Lund, Skansen, and Vasa Museum. Nearby points of interest also include National Museum and Stockholm Palace. Hotel Features. Scandic Hasselbacken's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A bar/lounge is open for drinks. Room service is available during limited hours. The hotel serves a complimentary buffet breakfast. Recreational amenities include a health club, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 4.0 star property offers small meeting rooms, a meeting/conference room, and audio visual equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. This Stockholm property has event space consisting of banquet facilities and conference/meeting rooms. Guest parking is limited, and available on a limited first come, first served basis (surcharge). Additional property amenities include a rooftop terrace, an arcade/game room, and multilingual staff. Guestrooms. All guestrooms at Scandic Hasselbacken feature minibars and complimentary newspapers. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks and fax machines, guestrooms offer phones. Televisions have satellite channels and pay movies. Housekeeping is available daily. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Scandic Hasselbacken Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower