Scandic Continental

Scandic Continental Rates and Deals

Scandic Continental Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Like staying under water Sep 05, 2010
I had never stayed in a submarine but after staying at the Scandic Continental Hotel in Stockholm I think I have tried to stay in the submarine from Jules Verne.

It was almost impossible to get a hotel room in Stockholm due to a huge medical conference with more than 21.000 heart doctors in the city. I found a room and it was a no window cabin at 180 euro’s a night and I had to stay there two nights.

The hotel is situated just opposite the central station and looked pretty okay from outside. I had decided to drive to Stockholm which didn’t happen to often. I parked in front of the hotel and went in for the check in. There were no obvious parking for the car so I asked in the reception; they had a parking service which I took. It was quite expensive close to 30 euro a night but I had no better alternative. They got the car keys and I had to warn them one hour prier to my need for the car.

The reception staffs were efficient and polite and I soon after got the key to my room. I was situated on the sixth floor and I didn’t know what to expect. I opened the door to my room and I was quite stunned. It was the smallest room I ever had seen in a hotel; I even think it was beating my experience in an Andorran ski hotel 4 years ago.

The cabin was covered in dark hardwood from floor to ceiling; I had never seen anything like it before. I felt it was walking in to a closet with a maritime look. The room was only as broad as the bed and half of the bed was covered with a hanging closet hosting the TV and the mini bar. The broad of the room was not bigger than a chair next to the bed. I even had no place to put my bag down without it blocking the entry to the room. As I was in Stockholm for work I had expected a table to work at but that turned out to be a dream.

I was just cracking; it was almost too much spending two days here. I really felt that I was under water; since there were no windows the air was totally artificial and secluded. They had put huge mirrors on the wall to make the room look bigger but I am sorry it didn’t work. The bathroom was also very small; they had almost combined the shower with toilet seat.

Amazingly the room had otherwise all the features that you would expect from business room except the desk to work at. They even had an iron board, but when you did fold it out you could not move in the room. I didn’t unpack because I didn’t know where to put it.

The hotel was actually not that bad it was just the room; I went down and outside for a walk. I had stayed in almost all other hotels in the area around the central station so I was quite familiar with the neighbourhood which helped on my mood.

The bar downstairs next to the lobby is rather okay but it could not make up for my room experience. The hotel was also reconstructing the whole area overlooking the central station and the building was therefore also covered in plastic.

I managed to survive my two nights at the hotel but it will take some time before they manage to squeeze me in a room like that again. Upon my departure of the hotel my car was brought forward as planned and I had nothing to complain about but my hotel room experience which I could blame the popularity of Stockholm amongst the heart doctors of the world.

Scandic Continental Overview

Location. Scandic Continental is located in Stockholm's Norrmalm neighborhood, close to Sergels Torg, Stockholm City Hall, and Royal Swedish Opera. Nearby points of interest also include Museum of Medieval Stockholm and Stockholm Palace. Hotel Features. Scandic Continental's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A bar/lounge is open for drinks. Room service is available during limited hours. The hotel serves a complimentary buffet breakfast. Recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness facility. This 4.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, a meeting/conference room, and audio visual equipment. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Stockholm property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. Business services and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is limited, and available on a limited first come, first served basis (surcharge). Additional property amenities include a coffee shop/caf, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities. Guestrooms. All accommodations at Scandic Continental offer minibars and complimentary newspapers. Bathrooms feature bathtubs and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is available. Televisions have satellite channels, complimentary TV Internet access, and pay movies. Rooms also include trouser presses and clock radios. Guests may request extra towels/bedding and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available daily. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Scandic Continental Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower