Scallywags Organic Beach Bar

Gili Air, Indonesia

Scallywags Organic Beach Bar Gili Air Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Scallyuwags Mar 10, 2012
Scallywags Organic Beach Bar is right on the beach front on Gili Air. With its white painted walls and insistence on the quality of its produce, it is possibly the swankiest restaurant in town. That is reflected in the prices, but I was on my honeymoon so I decided not to care.

The food is excellent, if a smidge on the pretentious side – I am probably OK without aioli for my home made chips, which as we all know is only posh-ese for garlic mayonnaise anyway. But the quality of the ingredients in the tapas was excellent and we even talked them into making breakfast at lunchtime for us one day. They also had wine from Bali – I had no idea that Bali had vineyards, but I guess the climate is about right and the wine was nice – and lots of excellent ice cream. The staff were faultlessly friendly and service was prompt by island standards (which is pretty laid back, actually, but never mind). They also do excellent coffee and, of course, Bintang beer.

When we were first there, there was a wide stretch of beach right next to Scallywags and you could sit out and watch the boats and the world go by. We were unlucky with the weather, and the beach was either under water or storm debris by the time we left, but I am hoping that there was no permanent erosion and it’s recovered now.

All in all, I ate here three or four time during my time in Gili and loved it every time. If I ever return to the Gilis I’ll be back like a shot.

Compare Gili Meno Hotel Rates (2.1km away)

Gili Air Map