Scala Restaurant

24 10 30 00

Scala Restaurant Oslo Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Traditional Food in a modern setting Sep 04, 2015
Upon visiting Oslo a new friend of mine asked me if I wanted good traditional local food made in a modern way. When I travel I'm all about local food, and the modern twist makes it more interesting sometimes. It was that way with haggis in Scotland. The restaurant is on the second floor of a downtown hotel overlooking the Opera. My friend was well-known by the staff there which was good for me. He ordered for both of us a 5 course meal featuring local dishes, each paired with a different wine. I rarely get to have such a first class experience on a social worker's salary, so having a generous friend with money was nice! The service was very friendly, knowledgeable but laid back as well. I was very comfortable there. The various dishes included scallops, reindeer belly, pork, leek soup, and an assortment of cheeses. Each was beautifully presented and delicious. Some wines worked better than others but I always got what they were going for. I cannot thank my friend enough for taking me there. Such a wonderful memory of a beautiful country!

Check Oslo Hotel Deals