Say no to bars in Rome!

Rome, Italy

Say no to bars in Rome! Reviews

Nzelvis Nzelvis
Aug 16, 2007
Bars in Rome...if you are traveling overseas to get a feel of the culture, to dive in and act like you've lived there all your life, then stay away from bars in Rome! Not to say that no one in Rome drinks beer, but the real nightlife in this wonderful city revolves around hanging out in the city squares, either on the sidewalk or at one of the little restaurants sharing a bottle of wine with your good friends. Hanging out, chatting about past or future travels, sharing experiences, whatever. There was a night where myself and a group sat out in front of the Colosseum under the stars, just hanging out and having a great time. So, the choice is ultimately yours...but if I go overseas, a big part of my trip is the culture!
Colosseum at night
yheleen says:
great tip :)
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008
sylviandavid says:
Excellent advice! We had a blast sitting on the steps of a church sharing a bottle of water & people watching..... Very good to put that good information out there.... Sylvia
Posted on: Aug 09, 2008
mmarc2000 says:
Agreed! The coffee shops and internet cafes are more happening than the bars in Rome.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Say no to bars in Rome!

day 8 9 and 10 Glasgow Montana
DAY 8 TRAIN RIDE FROM MINNEAPOLIS TO GLASGOW MT We boarded the train about 11.15pm which would take us to Glasgow Montana but the journey would be about 14 hours long and we would pass through 1 tim…bar drinking a beer called OLD MILWAUKEE so as they say when in Rome I ordered one of them…

Check Rome Hotel Deals