Sawatdee

486 Robert Street North, Saint Paul, MN, USA

Sawatdee Saint Paul Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Delicious Thai Food! Jan 05, 2012
I had lunch at Sawatdee (Thai Restaurant) in downtown St. Paul for a work meeting. I was surprised how easy it was to find parking, because that can sometimes be very difficult.

We started off with an appetizer of Spring Rolls with peanut sauce. They were awesome! The menu had lots of options to choose from, but I decided to go with a lunch special, because it was a good deal. There were only about 5 options, but they all sounded good. I went with the cashew stir fry with chicken and a spring roll. I don't know what the meat in the spring roll was - it looked like crab and something else. The mango fried rice sounded good, and Pad Thai is always good. There is a much bigger selection of food for the dinner menu. I figure I'll be back to try other things. You can select your level of spice, and I found a low-medium to be on the low side.

We sat at a table in the bar area and the east wall is mostly windows so we watched parking enforcement check our cars - good thing we paid! It is a little pricey for parking, about $1.50 in quarters for 1 hour. But that is typical in the city.

Everyone's food looked really good, but mine came with a ton of onions, which is not good if you don't like onions. I spent most of lunch picking them out of my dish. The stir fry also came with a bowl of rice, and lots of water chestnuts and mushrooms, so that was good. There was so much food, I had enough left over for another meal. The food was really good and fresh. The sever came by often for refills and to check on us.

Overall, this is a great place to stop, especially for a weekday lunch. Just make sure to bring quarters :)
Sawatdee bar area
Cashew stir fry with chicken (and …
spocklogic says:
Fresh is the word and the word is fresh. Nothing like a meal with fresh ingredients cooked well. Next time you can skip on the onions maybe...
Posted on: Jan 05, 2012