Sawasdee Guest House

Check Nong Khai Hotel Deals

Sawasdee Guest House Nong Khai Reviews

minx2812 minx2812
Convienient and Affordable, but great! Jul 07, 2008
When I saw this place in Lonely Plant Guide, Southeast Asia on a shoestring, I was a bit hesitant about using it. Only because I had recently found that their guides are not always most up to date and didn't want to be walking around an unfamiliar place looking for somewhere to sleep for the night, especially since we had been up all day and was tired and hungry.

When arriving at the Sawasdee it was clearly signposted and the host was very welcoming. At only 180 baht per room, 2 to a room it was very affordable and my expectations were low. Especially when we had entered as I thought I was stepping into maybe an old museum or something like an antiques store! Little nick nacks everywhere littering cupboards, some strange, others amazing. We paid though and he took us into a dining area in the hotel under a sky light, here was a bar, where we could help self to drinks, hot and cold and place orders for food with the house maid. The drinks system was done on an honesty system where you marked on your own card the drinks you had had, so upon checkout you could pay for these.

He then showed us the hot water shower facility, 10 baht for 10 mins, on the ground floor, away from the main shared bathrooms. Then up to our rooms. Which were spacious and clean. Not the best decor, with lino flooring, but basic and comfortable. Lights, fans, cupboards and mirror. The bathrooms/shower rooms were clean and tidy, and even without hot water, the cold wasn't particularly cold, but refreshing. Just what I needed after my long day.

Checking out was easy and they were good enough to look after our bags for the day whilst we was exploring waiting for the overnight train later that day to Bangkok.

So was great for location and as a stopover between Laos and Thailand, when all you need is a comfy bed and a quiet night.

Check Nong Khai Hotel Deals