Sawadi

Check Skoura Hotel Deals

Sawadi Skoura Reviews

halilee halilee
Beautiful riad, out of the way from the city Apr 13, 2014
This riad is quite difficult to find, and for us, even more difficult to find our way out of. It is also out of the main city. Unfortunately it was farther out of the way than we expected and getting lost trying to leave, we lost a lot of time. But this is the only remotely negative thing I would have to say and for some people, the remoteness might be a plus.

The riad itself is gorgeous Berber style, with a pool, lovely terrace area for meals, a small hammam. The room is a decent size with a fantastic bathroom, good hot water, and soap, lotion for use. Our room is a triple.

Wifi is available in the common areas for free.

The hammam we made use of, a small steam area where we are scrubbed down by a staff member. I must say it feels fantastic.

Meals are tasty and they do serve a variety of wines and beer. Even though we arrive late, they offer us a set menu supper which we are grateful for. Breakfast consists of eggs, breads, jams, pastries, crepes, coffee/tea and juice.

The owner and staff are fantastic, extremely friendly and sure to make certain all is well with us! Definitely enjoyed our stay!
Kanak, Natalie and I enjoying a me…
our room
bathroom
front of our room
TravellinChic Travelli…
Not worth it Apr 13, 2014
The architecture of this place is nice but it is so not worth the hassle, stress, risk of getting lost and the cost of time and gas getting there and moving in circles. Esp if you are just staying for a night.

I'm sure there are way much better option! Even not booking and finding one along the way seem a better idea than staying here.

Good points:

1) The architecture is nice as you can see from the picture.

2) They have organic theme from food to hammam to toiletries. Hammam is nice.

3) The owners seem nice esp considering they are french people. That's guilty of generalization but you get my drift. They prepared food expecting us to have dinner there. And their phone works unlike equity point.

Terrible points:

1) It is soooo difficult to get to. Very far from civilization. Very confusing as well because the directions they wrote on email and one they instructed on the phone were different. There are no signs that say the name of the hotel, just some arrows that is color coded which sometimes confusing. The color of the arrow they said on email is different from what they said on the phone. Therefore, we were following a wrong instruction.

The route includes crossing into the river which were dry so you have to figure out if that could be the river esp if you are arriving night time. The "roads" were not paved and small which is a bit rough for our rented city car esp when we get more lost in the morning and started going bit off road. There are not much people to ask even in the morning where the people you would chance to see doesnt speak/ understand english.

We were told that it is harder to find in the evening but we got lost much more in the morning going out because the signs seem to be much more confusing as it goes the other way around at some point. After several of going around and back to same places we've passed, Kanak told Hali the hotel wasn't worth going.

Kanak took a slightly off road way to find alternative way and it was rough for the car when he had to go down in a rather deep path. At some point we seem to be in the middle of flat field and we dont know where to go. Kanak tried to head towards the highway he could see from afar but we reached deadend and had to go back.

When we got back, I tried to ask from every person on every corner we needed to turn and at one point where I went in to a Riad to ask the owner in hopes of finding an english speaking person. When I came out with the owner, I learned Kanak striked a deal with a local on his motorcycle to lead us out. We gave him some tips after.

That was very scary. I was scared the car will broke down or we will get further lost.

2) There was some mistakes in accounting for our payment which if I havent seen it and pressed on, would have cost us being charged twice for 2 person hammam which costs 60euros in total. Also, I remembered that we were told during breakfast that it would only be 20euros for hammam with scrub but when we are paying, the computation showed it is 30each. The "mistakes" and change in pricing raises my doubts as to their honesty. I don't like the feeling of distrust so this is big deal for me.

I would recommend that you make sure to check charges very well before paying regardless of where you are esp when they are charging you different currencies which happened to us and then, finally converting it to MAD. If it was just me, I would have been very particular about every charge and conversion.

3) The food is disappointing. esp if you factor in the expectations that it is organic and they are managed by french people. I've had a lot of organic and had lots of vegan dishes eaten from restaurants and cooked by friends...this is not something you would enjoy chomping on. Even the juice drink is bleh. They made their version of tagine with vermicelli. It was ok.

All in all I paid about less than 900 MAD for one night stay in triple room for 30euros plus charges + one dinner + hammam that costs 30 euros. It is roughly about 90 euros for everything, charges and taxes and all. That seem a bit steep and feel like there's either hidden charges or the exchange rate ripped us bad esp considering the trouble of getting there and out.

Stay elsewhere.

Sawadi Overview

The Sawadi caters for families with children offering a playground and babysitting / child services. Wellness facilities include an outdoor pool, and a relaxing massage session can be requested. Travellers can take advantage of the available internet access to keep connected with friends and family during their trip. The guests can sit and rest in the tranquil environment of the hotel's outdoor area. In addition to a currency exchange and a concierge, the hotel also offers secured parking.

Sawadi Amenities

• Garden
  • Playground
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower