29169 Heathercliff Road Malibu, Malibu, CA, USA
(310) 589-8997

Savory Malibu Reviews

walk2u walk2u
Hidden Gem in Malibu May 29, 2011
I just had the pleasure of eating at this new restaurant last night, and it was so good I decided to let it be the topic of my first review.

The restaurant features an inside dinning area, outside patio (heat lamps), and a large bar (rare in Malibu). The menu changes daily (which can be frustrating if you find something you love), but the pizza's are a staple.

I've eating amazing pizza all over the world, but this is the closest thing I've had to a classic Italian Margarita pizza outside of Italy. My starter was also amazing - a red beet salad comprised of various beets, potatoes, sausage, and green peas with a creamy beet sauce. My dinning partner also had a pizza, but started with the chicken liver pate. This was amazing! It was a generous portion served with crisp bread and topped with figs. For dessert we split a vanilla cheesecake made with creme fraische and served with cherry ice cream. This was also phenomenal.

I took one star off, because even though we had a reservation we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, and the corkage fee was relatively high even given the area.

Overall I would come back again for the romantic atmosphere, excellent food, and quality compared to other restaurants that really don't live up to the "Malibu brand" of luxury that is expected from upscale establishments in the area.

Check Malibu Hotel Deals