Saving money in your trip

Nairobi, Kenya

Saving money in your trip Nairobi Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Some tricks to save money Aug 02, 2007
I usually organize all my trips by my own, buying the plane tickets through the Internet and booking all hotels directly. This time I just thought it was too risky, but now that I know how everything goes I would encourage you to avoid travel agencies. They are not 100% bullet proof when problems arise. For example, the second day we had a reservation in a beautiful hotel in Amboseli and because the hotel overbooked we did not have a room. I called my agency (retail), CATAI (wholesale) and Kobo (local agency) and none of them could solve the problem. We had to sleep with the employees from the hotel.

The way it works is the following. You get the ticket from a travel agency, for example Viajes Iberia. The travel agency buys the package from a wholesaler (in our case CATAI). CATAI at the same time bought the package from Kobo (local agency in Kenia), which at the same time was buying the Tanzania Tours from Leopard Tours (local agency in Tanzania). If you add up all the different agents on the process you end up paying more than 50% in commissions. And, as I said, if a problem arises, you dont have everything guaranteed.

Talking to our tour guide he told me that if I want to come back it is not necesary to do it through an agency, we can contact him directly and avoid all these comissions. If I knew that before i would have done it this way. Actually, before getting everything in CATAI, I called a couple of local travel agencies, but they just did not give me enough confidence. I will give you the name of my tour guide. He work from April to September for a local agency, but the rest of the year he can organize you everything. His name is David, and he speaks English, Swahili and Spanish. He is very professional and very responsible, it is the only tour guide that made me feel comfortable. He would not do the typical tour, he knows how to make the tour much more attractive, like spending the night with a tribe in Nnongoro. He will book the hotels for you, organize the transportation, parks and he will be your guide at all times. Highly recommendable.

I am attaching his contact information:

David A. Mganga

P.O.Box 4057

Arusha (Tanzania)

Telephone# 255 786-267794
heresjane says:
I plan to email david to see if he can help me sort this out, as I am so confused about how to arrnage a safari.
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010
Saranzhgh says:
Hey!!Thnaks fpr sharing your information with us..but is this contact safe?
Posted on: Jul 02, 2009