Savers Thrift Stores

Sydney Road Brunswick, Melbourne, Australia

Savers Thrift Stores Melbourne Reviews

niki1013 niki1013
I love Savers!! Mar 11, 2008
Oh I can spend hours browsing savers' racks. Sooooooo many clothes grouped by size. I found many great warm jumpers for my trip to the UK here - all for under $6!! and a few pairs of jeans as well. I think I may struggle to pay full price for clothes again. I have shopped at the Savers in Dandenong and in Frankston - Dandenong has more stuff I'm pretty sure.
Chelsea Chelsea
Feb 07, 2007
A diamond in the rough!

Hidden in Melbourne's intruiging world of suburbia is Savers.

I wouldn't call this place a tourist attraction per say, but for the purposes of this blog I wanted to include it!

Savers is little more than a departmental store-sized seconds shop that sells all sorts of rubbish; from suitcases, to linen, to jackets, shirts, shoes and marbles (for those old ladies who have lost theirs!) and generally the stuff is crap. Most of their clientele are either mums wanting cheap baby clothes, old ladies looking for something to spice up their wardrobe, or students looking for shockingly unfashionable clothes to don at some college dress-up event...

So why have I listed it here as a great place to go shopping? Well, firstly almost all the clothing is somewhere between $2 - $6. And I bought a bike here for $30! Other than flat tires there wasn't much wrong with it.

Secondly, search carefully and there are some real gems to be found! Pierre Cardin, Christian Dior... Can you imagine! Obviously you'll have to filter through some absolute rags that are also for sale.

What if you're really not interested in travel shopping? Well I don't know why you're reading this blog then, perhaps because you're just intruiged. And why wouldn't you be? Savers - cheap clothes and seconds aside - is a weird and wonderful insight into the world of inner-city Melbourne.

Hey, even if you hate shopping, seeing an op-shop the size of a departmental store is something on it's own! If you have time, I'd stop and have a look. Obviously, things like Fed Square, the Grampians and the Great Ocean Road should come first, though...

One tip, if you're in Melbourne head to the Greensborough one. Apparently it's just less dodgy than the one Sydney Road. Like most things.

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals