Saud Beach

Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte, Philippines

Saud Beach Ilocos Norte Reviews

Saud Beach Apr 27, 2007
"1. SAUD BEACH, PHILIPPINES. On the northwest coast of Luzon, little-known Saud Beach at Pagudpud is a 2km arc of blindingly pure sand bordered by the blue of the South China Sea. It's like an uncluttered version of that famous Philippines shore, White Beach, on Boracay Island. Beat the developers, the hair-braiders and sarong-floggers - head to Pagudpud now. " - John Borthwick.

I would have to agree with the Sunday Herald's article which names Saud Beach as one of 2007's 10 best beaches in Asia for two reasons:

1. The article uses the shot I took of the beach last year.

2. Because it's really such a beautiful place.

This beach is everything I want a beach to be. It's not crowded. It's not noisy. It's not polluted. Everything that Boracay is not. You see, I'm really not the Boracay type of person. Neither am I a Puerto Galera person (i will never go back to that place by the way... ever). I have nothing against the two more popular beaches in the Philippines, its just that Boracay is too over-rated - everybody has been there; and Puerto Galera's White Beach is just unpleasant. Let it be known though that I'm talking about just the beaches themselves - their state and condition. I'm not referring to the other activities one can do in those place. Galera is popular as a very good diving site, and Boracay is popullar for being... well Boracay. When you've been there you're suddenly cool and all that crap.

Anyway, back to Saud - powder white sand... clear blue water of the South China Sea... i'm just speechless.

You know what, i'll do it differently this time... I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves and invite you to the beach up north before it turns into another Boracay.

(For the full article, please refer to>,26058,22157694-27983,00.html)
strolling along the beach
child labor
kheyczie28 says:
which beach resort or hotel did you stay?
Posted on: Nov 13, 2011